cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

relay_response not working

I have a test account and am trying to use the relay_response feature. It works with my production account. I consistently get the message that the transaction was successful, but there was a problem with my web site. I've tried using my real URL and https://developer.authorize.net/tools/paramdump/.

Is there somewhere in the UI I can authorize an URL for my test account?

tthomas48
63 REPLIES 63

I found the following when going through this.

1 using asp, you can not interrupt the post, ie  the page must finish the post, so any additional code needs to happen after the post.  I used sessions & javascript to redirect to another page after the page had loaded.

2 if using .net secure folders the transacation failed when using aspx pages, the secure folders ignored the classic asp file

3 When using .aspx I could not post succesfully to a second page, but could post to the originating page, in a non-secure folder.

4 using .net use response.item rather than response.form

5 sure would be nice if authorize provide, .net relay response examples

Could be I am wrong on all these counts but hopes this helps others,

I am very pleased to report that this issue is FINALLY fixed!!!

After almost a month of reporting this problem, we were finally contacted by a real technician who could speak knowledgeably about the problem. They apparently identified something on the Authorize end and subsequently asked us to repeat our tests (reported earlier in this thread).

We our Google App Engine test to run over the week of thanksgiving (including cyber Monday). We ran a test transaction (against the live servers) every 5 minutes for more than a week. There were no failures to contact the relay response url (compare to 1% failure rate with previous test).

Thank you Authorize.Net & CyberSource for giving this appropriate attention and following up with us developers. I specifically want to thank Lilith and Michelle for doing the hard work of followup to track this down. 

Kudos!

im a new programmer and i use authorized.net for payment processes and i used a relay response, how should i display the  relay response or its result? correct me if im wrong with my question

please reply immediately coz i really need this to be done asap..

Thanks guys, appreciate for your suggestions

can you help me give me an example on how to access a relay response values? or the value of the relay response itselt? am i right?

please help me, appreciate your help.

kurt

appreciate your help

Would you be so kind as to provide details about how you got this working?

I have been struggling with this same issue since August. I've called Authorize.net four times, and they continue to insist it's on my end. I've re-coded the response script four times now, all without success.

I *know* it's on their end because I currently have the response going to Google App Engine and the silent post going to my server - and they both fail intermittently, often on the same transaction. The Google App Engine response is as absolutely simple as it can be. And the logs don't indicate anything - the script is simply not being contacted.

Can you direct me to the person at Authorize.net who was able to fix it? Can you tell me what you told them to get it resolved? I would appreciate any help you are able to provide - thank you!!!

Hello,

I am trying to understand what is happening with the issue of url_relay response failing. I am providing a valid

domain name residing on port 80. I am posting to the test server.

I receive the below from what I gathered from other posts is due to a timeout issue and related only to the test server? Is this true? I do not have a firewall turned on. Is there still a problem with authorize.net with timeouts?

The below contains the post:

<form action="https://test.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll", method='post'>
##<form action="https://developer.authorize.net/param_dump.asp", method='post'>

<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=x_login VALUE=${c.loginid}>
##<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=x_background_url VALUE=${c.firstname}>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=x_first_name VALUE=${c.firstname}>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=x_last_name VALUE=${c.lastname}>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=x_amount VALUE=${c.totalamount}>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=x_description VALUE='${c.description}'>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=x_invoice_num VALUE=${c.orderNumber}>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=x_fp_sequence VALUE=${c.orderNumber}>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=x_email VALUE='${c.email}'>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=x_fp_timestamp VALUE=${c.orderDateTime}>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=x_fp_hash  VALUE=${c.fingerPrint}>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=x_test_request VALUE="FALSE">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=x_relay_response VALUE="true"/>
##<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=x_relay_url VALUE="https://developer.authorize.net/tools/paramdump/index.php">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=x_relay_url VALUE=http://www.nofussdining.com>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME='x_show_form' VALUE='PAYMENT_FORM'>
<INPUT TYPE='submit' VALUE="Submit Food Payment">

Ok I get the relay response back to my server and the values are what I expect. all good. However I still see

merchant error message.

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

This transaction has been approved.

It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

So why do I see this? What gives? I get all the values back as expected?

Thanks,

garyc

burslem2001
Contributor

Ok I am getting valid response data back in the url_response however I want to avoid the below. I want to demo the full loop. I am posting to the authorize.net test server. I am assuming this error message will not be seen if its a real merchant account and the connection is good?

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

This transaction has been approved.

It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

Really appreciate someone  corroborating my thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Garyc