cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

returning paymentprofileid from addPayment POST

I have been successful using editPayment to edit an existing paymentprofile (see first code snippit below). But now I want to use addPayment to add a new PaymentProfile. When I use the second code snippit below, it does properly allow the user to add a new PaymentProifile BUT since nothing is returned from Authorize on this post, I cannot get back the new PaymentProfileID (am I mistaken, can I get the PaymentProfileID as a return?)

So because I cannot get the PaymentProfileID, I run getCustomerProfileRequest to return ALL PaymentProfiles. I am then in the odd position where I have to make an assumption which of the returned PaymentProfileID's is indeed the new one that I just added.

Better way?

editPayment
<form method="POST" action="https://test.authorize.net/profile/editPayment" id="formAuthorizeNetPage"> <input type="hidden" name="token" value ="{token}"> <input type="hidden" name="PaymentProfileId" value="xxxxxxx" /> </form>

addPayment
<form method="POST" action="https://test.authorize.net/profile/addPayment" id="formAuthorizeNetPage">
<input type="hidden" name="token" value ="{token}">
</form>

stzoid
3 REPLIES 3

It doesn't look like anyone has responded yet, but someone still may have feedback on what you're looking for. I'd recommend subscribing to this topic so that you'll be alerted via email if anyone else from the community is able to respond with any comments. To subscribe, click Topic Options at the top of this thread and then select Subscribe. You'll then receive an email once anyone replies to your post.

Thanks,

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

I had a good discussion with an expert Authorize.net developer (thanks:)) and have it straight now. I was trying to over apply my own set of rules and logic in an area that is more restricted by PCI than I am used to. I stil think a simple flow chart showing all of the development steps requried would be handy.

stzoid,

What was your resolution?   I am having the same issue.   Thanks