cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x_duplicate_window in ARB and AIM

Hello

For avoiding duplicate transactions can we use the option 'x_duplicate_window' for both ARB and AIM?

How we can pass with in ARB ?

thank you

Sathish

sathumenon
Contributor
6 REPLIES 6

Hi sathumenon,

The x_duplicate_window setting is actually not relevant to ARB. The setting is used to prevent our API from flagging duplicate transactions that are submitted via our API. The ARB API does not process any transactions in real time.

Thanks,

Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for the reply Joy!

But how can i get rid of "Duplicate Transaction occured for xxxxxx ...."  message then?

thank you

This isn't a message that can possibly be returned as a result of using the ARB API. The ARB API is only used to establish subscriptions schedules and does not process any transactions in real time. It is possible to recieve an error if you are trying to create a duplicate subscription, but this is not based upon any defined window and will always be returned if two subscriptions are identical.

Hello there!,

I am trying to integrate ARB, but I do not find any documentation related to "x_duplicate_window" in the xml documentation provided by authorize.net

I am using "ARBCreateSubscriptionRequest"  method using xml api for creating subscriptions but I do want to allow duplicate subscriptions so I would like to specify a very small amount of time to check and after that time it must allow duplicate transactions as per the "x_duplicate_window" settings, please help me with this as how to send this parameter using xml in ARB subscription.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

"x_duplicate_window" are only for creating transaction, like the one create with AIM.

When you create ARB, it does not create transaction until the scheduled time.

You can't have duplicate ARB, because even Authorize.net wouldn't know which one is which.

Read doc http://developer.authorize.net/api/arb/

section

Duplicate Subscription Verification

I found the solution, it involves using a different invoiceNumber for subsequent transactions.  I tried the solution and it worked.  Hope this helps someone else out in the future.

https://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/Need-help-with-ARB-XML/m-p/1940...

bzark