Joy

How To Integrate The Authorize.Net Payment Gateway With Your Website

by Moderator Moderator ‎03-28-2012 08:56 AM - edited ‎03-28-2012 08:57 AM (22,153 Views)

You have registered your domain name, built your website and have added all the products or services that you'd like to sell. Now what?  Your next step is to get a merchant account and a gateway account so that you can accept online payments from your customers.

Authorize.Net provides a number of ways to integrate your website to our gateway.

Authorize. Net’s integration methods:

Server Integration Method (SIM) is a website connection method that allows merchants to direct their customers to Authorize. Net’s secure server so that they can post transactions directly. It requires a transaction-unique token for transaction authentication. The site sends the fingerprint and transaction details to Authorize.Net, which will then attempt to recreate the fingerprint with the four pieces of data (API Login, Sequence Number, UTC Timestamp and Amount) and the transaction key stored in the account. If Authorize.Net is able to recreate the fingerprint, it allows the customer to access our hosted payment form to submit the transaction. The customer is taken to our secure, hosted payment form to enter their payment and shipping information and the process is completed with a confirmation receipt page that reports a summary of the transaction back to the customer. If the Authorize.Net system cannot create an identical fingerprint, then the transaction will be rejected. This method may require a web developer depending on your experience.

Advanced Integration Method (AIM) allows merchants to customize their own payment form and receipt, as well as submit transactions over a server- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) connection. The only thing that happens on the gateway side is the authorization and verification of the transaction. Everything else is done on the merchant's site. This method may require a web developer depending on your experience.

Direct Post Method (DPM) provides merchants with several features for configuring transaction security options and further customizing their customer’s checkout experience. The customer leaves the merchant’s website very briefly and is immediately directed back again. The customer enters their payment details into a form presented by the merchant’s server.  Upon submitting this form, they are sent directly to Authorize.Net and then immediately directed back to the merchant’s server to view a receipt page containing the transaction results. This method may require a web developer depending on your experience.

Simple Checkout is another tool that we offer which allows merchants to create 'Buy Now' and 'Donate Now' buttons for their website, providing a quick and easy integration method for connecting to the Payment Gateway. This does not require extensive programming skills. You are given a snippet of HTML code that you can copy and paste into your website code anywhere you'd like the buttons to be displayed.

Here is a summary of the Authorize.Net integration methods:

Server Integration Method (SIM)

◦     Simplifies PCI Compliance

◦     Scripting techniques to authenticate transaction

◦     Customizable hosted payment form

◦     No SSL required

Advanced Integration Method (AIM)

◦     Most common integration method

◦     Allows control over all phases of the customer’s online transaction experience

◦     Configurable transaction response integrates easily with merchant applications

◦     Merchant handles cardholder information

◦     SSL is required

Direct Post Method (DPM)

◦     Authorize.Net Payment Gateway handles all the steps in the secure transaction while remaining virtually transparent

◦     Simplifies PCI Compliance

◦     Full control over the checkout process including look and feel

◦     Customizable payment form

◦     SSL is recommended

Comments
by poaform on ‎05-11-2012 09:37 AM

Is it recommended to have someone that is an "authorize.net" expert facilitate my website or is it simple enough to learn myself?

by alvin on ‎05-14-2012 06:10 AM

Can someone in this community offer dev help?

Zen Cart has an Authorize.Net (SIM) payment module that I would like to add to PhreedomERP...

Please inform me,

Thanks

Alvin

by Administrator Administrator on ‎05-16-2012 02:47 PM

It all depends. We offer plenty of resources here to help you along the way if you want to do it yourself, but we also recommend hiring a developer or using a shopping cart if you're unfamiliar with programming.

You should both check out our developer directory and certified solutions directory.

by tbillett on ‎05-24-2012 06:31 PM

I am a developer and I am using the SIM API (for Now).  What I am looking for a good demo of what SIM is capable of...for instance I get that I can get a relay response from the reciept page, but I'm not sure how this is best applied?  This goes for other transaction response settings as well.  Yeah I can read through article after article, but what would really help would be a few power point pictures, or a nice video to demo...anybody have any suggestions? 

by Administrator Administrator on ‎05-25-2012 12:42 PM

Hey tbillett,

We currently do not have any powerpoints or videos on any of our integration methods, but that is a great suggestion that I will pass on for sure.

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

by BPalmer on ‎05-31-2012 01:55 PM

If you aren't a programmer, where do you start?  I just got the merchant account, per the instructions of my banker, and now I stuck.  I have a URL, I know HTML, CSS basics, and I am lost after 12 hours of reading about this stuff.

If there free code, does it embed the gateway, how the heck does this work?  I need to complete the web site gateway connection in about 1 day.  What is the easiest way to do this?

by Administrator Administrator on ‎05-31-2012 04:03 PM

If you're not a programmer and need to get things up and running quickly, the best thing to do is to use a pre-integrated shopping cart solution. Our shopping cart directory will provide you with many great companies to choose from. Or you can hire a certified developer to the do that work for you. Our developer directory can provide you with many fabulous developers.

Good luck!

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

by Ron on ‎09-14-2012 03:23 PM

Can DPM work with CIM or ARB?  Any resource I can review for this?

Thanks.

by hankin on ‎10-30-2012 07:47 AM

Thank you for the info Michelle. I'm going to start testing this out to see how it compares. Regards

by rajeshlohakare on ‎12-07-2012 05:51 AM

Hi All,

Can anybody confirm that the transaction charges of 0.01$  when we use CIM are charged to Merchent and not to the customer.

Thanks.

by RakeshNautiyal on ‎01-17-2013 01:19 PM

Hi, I am already a Authorize.net customer and have 2 queries.

1. We are using the online refund APIs but are not able to cancel the captured transaction within 24 hours as it just dont allow to cancel before the transaction is settled, is there a way this can be handled through an API?

2. We are a travel agent and applied for ACH online but our application was rejected, is there a way we can get this option as lot of our customers want to use this functionality.

by Administrator Administrator on ‎01-17-2013 01:35 PM

Hell RakeshNautiyal,

1) You should use the Void transaction type to cancel an unsettled transaction.

2) I suggest contacting the underwriting department to ask about the options available.

Richard

by gautam on ‎03-01-2013 04:17 AM

how to validate md5 hash in slient page?

About the Author
  • Authorize.Net Developer Community Manager
Announcements
Labels