cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

CIM: Refunds

I've successfully tested both SALE and VOID transactions using the CIM SDK code samples and they work as expected.

With Refund transactions, though, I ran into an odd issue.

When trying to perform a Refund on a CIM Sale transaction, I'm getting the following error message back:

"Customer Profile ID and Customer Payment Profile ID OR masked Credit Card Number OR masked ABA Routing Number and masked Bank Account Number are required."

When Crediting a CIM Sale transaction, I'm sending the CustomerProfileID, CustomerPaymentProfileID, Amount, TransID.

I'm also passing in some order-related details (invoice number and description) for the refund as well as the same extra options as on my Sale/Void transactions, which is "x_delim_data=True&x_relay_response=False&x_delim_char=,&x_encap_char=|"

I double-checked the CIM guide and it says that CreditCardNumberMasked does not need to be included, but will be validated if it is included.

Through experimentation, I found that the only way I could get the Refund transaction to go through, however, was to include the CustomerProfileID, CustomerPaymentProfileID, TransID, *AND* the CreditCardNumberMasked.

Has anyone else run into this before? Is it a known bug/feature? Or is it just something odd in my implementation?

kevinfairchild
Contributor
Who Me Too'd this topic