cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

Bug report? updateCustomerPaymentProfileRequest

I'm not really sure where to submit bug reports and I'm not sure if  it's a bug or a mistype in the api documentation at http://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/index.html#customer-profiles-update-customer-payment-pr...

The documentation says that 'customerPaymentProfileId' should occur before 'defaultPaymentProfile' in the request but when submitting I kept getting the  'invalid child element' error response for 'defaultPaymentProfile' . 

Example:

E00003 The element 'paymentProfile' in namespace 'AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd' has invalid child element 'defaultPaymentProfile' in namespace 'AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd'

So after some digging through the xml schema I found that 'defaultPaymentProfile' is supposed to occur before 'customerPaymentProfileId'. 'defaultPaymentProfile' is declaired in 'customerPaymentProfileType' of which 'customerPaymentProfileExType' (where 'customerPaymentProfileId' is defined ) is a child.

When submitting 'updateCustomerPaymentProfileRequest' with 'defaultPaymentProfile' before 'customerPaymentProfileId' it works fine.

If there's a better place to report stuff like this please let me know and I'll put it there.

Thanks for your attention.

Dewbud
Who Me Too'd this topic