Community Feedback

So what do you think about this community of ours? Or Authorize.Net in general? Suggestions for improvement, as well as kudos on what you do like, are always welcome.

nu

An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

[ Edited ]

Hello.

I'm trying to fix my test requests. For now when I'm sending a request to the 'https://apitest.authorize.net/xml/v1/request.api' I'm getting an exception.

[SocketException (0x2746): An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host]

TLS 1.2 is enabled, Windows Server 2008 r2. Any suggestions please?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Topics: 0
Kudos: 85
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 0
Solutions: 32

Re: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Try adding the following to your application in order to see what version of TLS your schannel.dll is using:

var response = WebRequest.Create("https://www.howsmyssl.com/a/check").GetResponse();
var responseData = new StreamReader(response.GetResponseStream()).ReadToEnd();
Response.WriteLine(responseData);

If < TLS 1.2 add the following at the beginning of the function where you make a webrequest:

System.Net.ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = SecurityProtocolType.Tls12 | SecurityProtocolType.Tls11 | SecurityProtocolType.Tls;

Powered by NexWebSites.com -
Certified Authorize.net developers
nu

Thank you @NexusSoftware!

Now I'm getting "

The client and server cannot communicate, because they do not possess a common algorithm

" error.

I think the reason is that I have a website running on ASP.NET 2,0 & .Net 2.0 so I should upgrade them too ASAP.

Yes, .Net version 4.6 supports TLS 1.2 by default. Version 4.5 can be set to use TLS 1.2 using the above mentioned  technique.

Powered by NexWebSites.com -
Certified Authorize.net developers

I have been getting the same error over the last couple of days when i try sending transaction request in SANDBOX environment.

I tried with all the required configurations as per the solution(s) suggested in the developer blogs but i can't get reid of this error.

Error Details:

System.Net.WebException was unhandled

HResult=-2146233079

Message=The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.

Source=System

StackTrace:

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

at AuthorizeNet.Util.HttpUtility.PostData[TQ,TS](Environment env, TQ request)

at AuthorizeNet.Api.Controllers.Bases.ApiOperationBase`2.Execute(Environment environment)

at net.authorize.sample.ChargeCreditCard.Run(String ApiLoginID, String ApiTransactionKey, Decimal amount) in c:\Users\seshag\Documents\Collectors\sample-code-csharp-master\sample-code-csharp-master\PaymentTransactions\ChargeCreditCard.cs:line 68

at net.authorize.sample.SampleCode.RunMethod(String methodName) in c:\Users\seshag\Documents\Collectors\sample-code-csharp-master\sample-code-csharp-master\SampleCode.cs:line 228

at net.authorize.sample.SampleCode.SelectMethod() in c:\Users\seshag\Documents\Collectors\sample-code-csharp-master\sample-code-csharp-master\SampleCode.cs:line 63

at net.authorize.sample.SampleCode.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\seshag\Documents\Collectors\sample-code-csharp-master\sample-code-csharp-master\SampleCode.cs:line 26

at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String[] args)

at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

InnerException: System.IO.IOException

HResult=-2146232800

Message=Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Source=System

StackTrace:

at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacket(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Net.TlsStream.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult result)

at System.Net.TlsStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeaders(Boolean async)

InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException

HResult=-2147467259

Message=An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Source=System

ErrorCode=10054

NativeErrorCode=10054

StackTrace:

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)

at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

InnerException:

Configuration Details of my local machine

I am testing the Authorise.NET API with Sample Code Solution downloaded from GIT repository in Visual Studio 2012. I have installed .NET framework 4.6.2 on my Windows.

Target .NET version I have set in config files is as follows

App.config

<startup>

<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.6.2" />

</startup>

Packages.config

<packages>

<package id="AuthorizeNet" version="1.9.3" targetFramework="net462" />

</packages>

I can't even explictly set  to TLS12 in my code as it does not  show me tLS2 option

System.Net.ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = System.Net.SecurityProtocolType.Tls

Would appreciate your support on resolving this issue.

Thanks

Sesha

[ Edited ]

Hello, 

using System.Net;
using System.Security.Authentication;