cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Checkout improvement request

I found the simple checkout really simple to implement and its a great feature. We are a service company that really doesn't have fixed prices so we chose to implement using the 'Donation' feature so that clients could type the amount of their Bill when choosing to pay online.  This works perfectly except that the wording on the auth.net site of 'Donation Amount' really throws people off.

We added the following text in the Header information of the form to try and remedy the issue:

Although we understand that this is a payment of your account and not a DONATION.. this terminology is coded by the processing company and not something in our power to change.

It would be fantastic if auth.net would allow us to change the display text of that field in the merchant interface (or just select from a couple options) The word Donation just isn't appropriate when it is for the purpose of paying an invoice.

Any chance we would see an enhancement to this? Other than this small issue the Simple Checkout is a fantastic interface.

Thanks,

Deal

Deal
8 REPLIES 8

Hey Deal,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will pass that on to our development team. The ability to modify the pre-existing verbiage would indeed be a nice thing to do! :smileyhappy:

Good to hear that it's working well for you otherwise.

Thanks again,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

Michelle
All Star

Hey Michelle, did the developers happen to like the idea? Is there any hope of this being implemented within the next 6 months? I ask because there is a pretty strong desire within my walls to have our site change this which would mean switching our implementation method. I would hate to have to do this over such a small thing, everything else about simple checkout is working great.

Thanks for consideration.

Oh yes, they like the idea. And it's feedback we've heard from more than just you, so they understand the desire. I know it's on their radar, but unfortunately, I can't say if it will be implemented in the next 6 months or not, nor can I give you any kind of timeline. But if/when I hear anything, I will be sure to post it here.

Thanks,

Michelle

Hey Deal....I sent you a private message last week....will you please check it out and respond to me? :smileyhappy:

Thanks!

Michelle

I have the same need for a company that I work with. We too are a service company and want to allow our customers to enter bill payments online. The payments don't have fixed amounts so we would like our customers to be able to enter the amount of their payment. I would like to use the Donation feature of the Simple Checkout option but I'm not keen on having the word "donation" appear on the screens or in emails.  If you can't add a feature that allows us to specify the display text on screens why not just make these fields more generic? For example, on the screen where the customer enters the donation amount (or in my case the payment amount) why not just title the field "Amount" instead of "Donation Amount"? This appears to be the only change I need to be able to use this feature (unless there's something further into the process that I haven't seen yet). If this was changed I would be able to implement this right away and very quickly. Otherwise I'm looking at having to implement something much more complicated and maybe something that costs more.

Thanks for any help you can offer. 

skielly

Good news! Last night we actually made a change so that now if you're simply allowing your customers to specify a payment amount, the word "Donation" has been removed. It now just reads "Amount."

Hopefully this will alleviate any customer confusion!

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

Thank you!!! This is great news!!

I have the same need for a company that I work with. We too are a service company and want to allow our customers to enter bill payments online. The payments don't have fixed amounts so we would like our customers to be able to enter the amount of their payment. I would like to use the Donation feature of the Simple Checkout option but I'm not keen on having the word "donation" appear on the screens or in emails.  If you can't add a feature that allows us to specify the display text on screens why not just make these fields more generic? For example, on the screen where the customer enters the donation amount (or in my case the payment amount) why not just title the field "Amount" instead of "Donation Amount"?