cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jima
Regular Contributor

Hi there,

It seems like almost a no-brainer to have a method, using Accept.js, to get a payment profile, so that a self-hosted payment form could be populated without from the client machine, rather than having to go through our server using the API. It seems like all it would need is the customerProfileID and the customerPaymentProfileID to pull that info, just like the existing getCustomerPaymentProfile() method found in the AuthorizeNetCIM class.

7 Comments
Aaron
All Star

Hi @jima

Could you elaborate, a little on this? I'm interested to hear how you would like this to work and also get an example use case.  Remember, Accept.js still requires going through your server to have your server send the payment request through our API. It just tokenizes the card data in the browser first.

jima
Regular Contributor

The idea is to be able to have an HTML form, hosted on my server, and be able to (pre)populate it with the user's stored data without having to go through our server. Yes, submitting the form data, for a transaction request or similar, would still go through our server, but the inital form load would not.

Simple use case:
User logs into our customer portal, where they have previously set-up (and saved) payment info, and we have captured their customerProfileID and customerPaymentProfileID.
User (now identified through login) proceeds to a section of the customer portal, where they can view/change/update their payment info, and clicks on an "Edit/Update Payment Info" button in their profile, which invokes a payment webform that, upon load, is pre-populated with the previously saved payment info, by means of an AJAX call, through Accept.js, using the previously stored customerProfileID and customerPaymentProfileID as arguments.

Le me know if you need anything else to help paint the useage picture.

NexusSoftware
Trusted Contributor

You can already do a getCustomerPaymentProfileRequest with customerProfileId and customerPaymentProfileId, then an updateCustomerPaymentProfileRequest with the payment nonce from Accept.js in the opaqueData dataValue instead of credit card information.

You could also use a getHostedProfilePageRequest, just by posting a customerProfileId, which will return a secure hosted form where customer can modify their stored payment details.

jima
Regular Contributor

All fine solutions for certain things, but not at all what I have requested.

bereey35

yes i understand your thinking but i dont have any experience in this field but i will suggest you to see it on this link and try to follow it may be it work for you.

HMors333

Yes you are doing it in a different way but if you need any help you can see here because they shared so many tips about it on that platform.

msjsu474

This is very impressive idea and they need to take a review on this appeal just like you can see snow day calculator where they have added so many positive features.