cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkienenb
Contributor

The CIM "Add New Payment Method" hosted form does not show an asterix before billing zip and street even though they are required fields.  Card Number expiration date, and Card code are clearly indicated as required via an asterix.

This will be confusing to our customers as the credit card number and expiration date fields are clearly marked with an asterix while street and zip appear optional, yet when customers hit save, they are told that zip and street are required.

Ideally whether or not zip and street are required fields and trigger an error message should be determined from the merchant account AVS settings, or be determined by a setting indicated when requesting the hosted form token.

7 Comments
brianmc
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Hi @mkienenb,

Thanks for the Idea, you can pass in asterisk configuration when you get the form token by passing the hostedProfileBillingAddressRequired and/or hostedProfileCardCodeRequired parameters.  For more info see http://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/features/customer_profiles.html

Here's an example of the form when these two parameters are set:

ShowAsterisk.PNG

Let us know if this is what you were looking for and thanks again for the feedback,

Brian

mkienenb
Contributor

No, I tried setting hostedProfileBillingAddressRequired=true when it was first made available (and I just tried it again a minute ago just in case the behavior had changed).   When you use the hostedProfileBillingAddressRequired=true  setting, *EVERYTHING* in the billing section is required.   I only want the fields minimally required to be required.   The only fields which are required for our current production settings are street and zip code, due to AVS.

Basically, if the form requires a field, indicate it.   If not, don't :)  And having the end-developer (me) try to guess what fields the merchant account is going to require is always going to be a losing value since the merchant may change that configuration at any time.

brianmc
Administrator

OK, got it.  We originally decoupled these in CIM because what you must collect for card-on-file is not always the same as what is set by merchant account for transactions (for example some merchants only collect CVV at time of charging, so it's required for payment transaction but not for saving card) but I totally understand that you cannot expect to stay in sync when the fields would be the same.   This is a good suggestion so we'll definitely consider for future release.

Thanks,

Brian

Status changed to: Under Review
RichardH
Administrator

Status changed to: Accepted
RichardH
Administrator

scico100

New to the community. Any update on this item? It is a year old from the "Accepted" date. Is there maybe another place than this board to track status once accepted?

brianmc
Administrator

No definite dates right now for this feature.  Thanks for checking in.