cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ed

Hi all,

I want to be able when a user requests a service on my system to:

1. authorize only a transaction

2. capture previously authorized amount (from step 1) for a certain date in the future (within 30 days, how long the authorization code is active)

I don't think clients should be implementing some sort of scheduler for when a "capture previously authorized transaction" should occure.

A use case would be car rental:

Online I book a car and provide my credit card info.

The rental company authorizes my credit card and does the capture on the date when the rental date is set.

7 Comments
Status changed to: Comments Requested
RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

This is an interesting suggestion.  Did you have a specific timeframe to delay, say 7-15 days?  Do any other developers have a similar need?

Ed

Any date between the initial authorization and authrization code expiration date should be used. A result can show whether the cature failed due to expired auth code. Does that make sense?

Ed

Prefered would be a date and time especially for systems which have booking, cancellation or modification cut-offs defined in hours. Right now I'm using a Azure Scheduler to trigger my process that implements payment logic which, by my undestanding, should be in Authorize.Net :D

Ed

Any news on this?

gfiquiy56436

If you still get the error, I can simplest assume that by some means those values are being changed before they're certainly submitting it to relevent page just like I did for my car drift program.

gaver95

Yes its very impressive idea I like the way you explained this plan and will recommend you to continue this task just like I am working on Word Unscrambler

joliyasmith

It sounds good, intial authorization and security is much important for starting any type of business and specially when yu make a trasection. You can join security group here. And how you making it so simple?