cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dnsBuffaloNY
Contributor

Accept.Js works great!  It allows my website to capture Credit Card information without that data ever posting back to my servers.  I don't any PCI Compliance headaches.

My suggestion would be to enhance Accept.JS to also allow for ACH payments.  That is, have accept.JS allow for the capture of a Routing and Account Number.  It could look like this:

var secureData = {}, authData = {}, bankData = {};

bankData.routingNumber = document.getElementById('ROUTINGNUMBER_ID').value;
	bankData.accountNumber = document.getElementById('ACCOUNTNUMBER_ID').value;

secureData.bankData = bankData;

authData.clientKey = '6WrfHGS76gHW3v7btBCE3HuuBukej96Ztfn5R32G5ep42vne7MCWZtAucY';
	authData.apiLoginID = 'my_api_login_id';
	secureData.authData = authData;

Accept.dispatchData(secureData, 'responseHandler');

Here's a related communit post.

https://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/Accept-JS-and-ACH/m-p/55887#M30...

Thank you for your consideration!

15 Comments
Status changed to: Accepted
RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

mkokes

Is there an estimated date on when this feature will be added?

Can we have an updated on this? Getting ready to add eCheck to a site and would love to be able to implement this easily with Accept.js.

jhoffman20

I am anxious for this feature as well.  Without it, my options are to change to another payment gateway or sacrifice functionality on my solution.  Please let us know when to expect this!

Thanks!

RichardH
Administrator

@jhoffman20 I don't have any details but when I do I'll post them here.

@RichardH Any update on ACH with AcceptJS? Looking forward to this ;)

RichardH
Administrator

hello @BrandonSurowiec  The feature is in active development but I don't have a release date available.

Aaron
All Star

Hi @dnsBuffaloNY,

Your sample code looks really good. I think it might look even better if there were just a couple of more elements: 

var secureData = {}, authData = {}, bankData = {};

bankData.routingNumber = document.getElementById('ROUTINGNUMBER_ID').value;
	bankData.accountNumber = document.getElementById('ACCOUNTNUMBER_ID').value;
	bankData.nameOnAccount = document.getElementById('ACCOUNTNAME_ID').value;
	bankData.accountType= document.getElementById('ACCOUNTTYPE_ID').value;

secureData.bankData = bankData;

authData.clientKey = '6WrfHGS76gHW3v7btBCE3HuuBukej96Ztfn5R32G5ep42vne7MCWZtAucY';
	authData.apiLoginID = 'my_api_login_id';
	secureData.authData = authData;

Accept.dispatchData(secureData, 'responseHandler');

Yeah, that looks really good like that.

In fact, that looks so good that I'll bet if you submitted that in the dispatchData call to Accept,js right now you might see something special happen...

dnsBuffaloNY
Contributor

Wait, are you saying it's done?  In DEV and PROD?

Status changed to: Delivered
Aaron
All Star

For those who don't appreciate my efforts to build suspense and excitement, I'll come right out and say it:

We've enhanced Accept.js to be able to return a payment nonce incorporating bank account information (for eCheck) instead of just card information. This payment nonce can then be used in exactly the same way as any card-originated payment nonce.

The Accept.js documentation hasn't been updated to reflect this yet, but will in the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, the request works just like documented above. You submit a bankData object instead of a cardData object, and the bankData object contains four required parameters. accountType can be either checking, savings, or businessChecking.