Include ACH in Accept.Js

by on ‎10-01-2016 12:26 PM

Accept.Js works great!  It allows my website to capture Credit Card information without that data ever posting back to my servers.  I don't any PCI Compliance headaches.

My suggestion would be to enhance Accept.JS to also allow for ACH payments.  That is, have accept.JS allow for the capture of a Routing and Account Number.  It could look like this:

var secureData = {}, authData = {}, bankData = {};

bankData.routingNumber = document.getElementById('ROUTINGNUMBER_ID').value;
	bankData.accountNumber = document.getElementById('ACCOUNTNUMBER_ID').value;

secureData.bankData = bankData;

authData.clientKey = '6WrfHGS76gHW3v7btBCE3HuuBukej96Ztfn5R32G5ep42vne7MCWZtAucY';
	authData.apiLoginID = 'my_api_login_id';
	secureData.authData = authData;

Accept.dispatchData(secureData, 'responseHandler');

Here's a related communit post.

https://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/Accept-JS-and-ACH/m-p/55887#M30...

Thank you for your consideration!

For those who don't appreciate my efforts to build suspense and excitement, I'll come right out and say it:

We've enhanced Accept.js to be able to return a payment nonce incorporating bank account information (for eCheck) instead of just card information. This payment nonce can then be used in exactly the same way as any card-originated payment nonce.

The Accept.js documentation hasn't been updated to reflect this yet, but will in the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, the request works just like documented above. You submit a bankData object instead of a cardData object, and the bankData object contains four required parameters. accountType can be either checking, savings, or businessChecking.

Comments
by
on ‎11-06-2017 10:51 AM

@dnsBuffaloNY wrote:

Wait, are you saying it's done?  In DEV and PROD?

:)

Yes and yes.

by
on ‎11-06-2017 10:52 AM

Sweet!  U-Da-Man;   Trying it now.

by
on ‎11-13-2017 04:05 PM

I need to clarify a bit:

An Accept payment nonce that contains bank data can only be used for payment transactions at this time. It can't be used for creating a profile or creating a subscription.

This will be fixed, but I have no information on the timeframe for fixing this.

I apologize that this particular limitation wasn't made clear in my original announcement.

by Administrator Administrator
on ‎11-21-2017 08:51 AM

Our Accept.js documentation now includes information for submitting eCheck.Net transactions.

https://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/features/accept.html#Building_your_Payment_Form