0 Votes

Proposal: Identifying source of CIM modifications via token refid

by on ‎09-06-2016 08:07 AM

One of the problems with using CIM hosted forms is that it's difficult to determine what profile information has changed (payment profiles added or edited).

Another issue is that it's difficult to provide an audit trail which identifies who initiated the changes.

One possibility that could address these issues is specifying some kind of reference id (not the per-transaction refid field) in the getHostedProfilePageRequest which would be assigned to each payment profile (or shipping address, although this is not something I use) which the end user created or edited using this token.   Or it could be the token itself.

Then return that identifier for each payment profile (or shipping address) returned by

getCustomerPaymentProfileListRequest.

End-developers can easily identify which payment profiles were modified by a specific token consumer.   We can also provide an audit trail of which token consumer modified a record most recently.Comments?

Comments
by Administrator Administrator
on ‎09-06-2016 08:13 AM

Hello @mkienenb

An interesting suggestion.  This probably belongs in our Ideas forum which we review regularly with product management.  If you would like, I would be happy to move this thread over to the Ideas forum.

Richard

by
on ‎09-06-2016 08:23 AM

I considered posting in "ideas," but it wasn't fully-formed when I started writing the proposal.   That, and I've noticed that topics posted in "ideas" rarely get discussed.

Can I have you move it over there after a few days here?

on ‎09-06-2016 08:41 AM

Sure, that works.

Richard

by
on ‎09-14-2016 10:34 AM

@RichardH Looks like no one commented, so can you go ahead and move it to the ideas section?  Thanks!

on ‎10-13-2016 12:52 PM
Status changed to: New

on ‎02-13-2017 04:05 PM
Status changed to: Under Review

by
on ‎05-01-2020 04:10 AM

I am happy for the read this blog very much it is the the amazing so connect the here get help with file explorer in windows 10 have to access the all setting of file explorer so users can save this update and find any folder easily.