cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmagaro88
Contributor

A customer on my site just attempted to place an order with a valid Discover card number that is 19 digits long. Apparently, Discover and Visa have begun rolling out valid cards with 19 digits. The card passed my Luhn algorithm validation and was passed to Authorize.NET for authorization. The XML request was sent succefully; however, I received the following error response from Authorize.NET:

The 'AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd:cardNumber' element is invalid - The value XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX is invalid according to its datatype 'String' - The actual length is greater than the MaxLength value.

I checked on the Authorize.NET documentation, and it appears that only card numbers between 13 and 16 characters long are supported. When will this be changed to accommodate 19 digit card numbers?

6 Comments
RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Hello

I've reported your issue to the product team, but I can confirm that we do not yet accept 19 digit cards.

I'd recommend subscribing to this topic so that you'll be alerted via email if there are updates. To subscribe, click Topic Options at the top of this thread and then select Subscribe. You'll then receive an email once anyone replies to your post.

Thanks,

Richard

RichardH
Administrator

@jmagaro88

With your permission, I would like to move this thread to our Ideas forum.  This allows us to provide more accurate status updates and allow other developers to vote for it as well.

This was accepted by product development but a specific release date was not provided.

Richard

Status changed to: Accepted
RichardH
Administrator

Converted community thread to an idea and changed to accepted.

PrimeroEdge

Any update on this? Chase Freedom started issuing cards with 19 digits and our customers are requesting to add support.

Could you also explain why this feature taking this long to develop?

lamei95

Yes I am also working on a same type of project as you can see here and working on this idea from many months I hope it will complete in last of this year.

hallaryduff

I am facing a problem similar to that one and searching solution on youtube and search Engine. I need to fix for my site if some one got solution kindly share at community so we can get benifits from it.