cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paladinlogic

We presently use Authorize.net with Iconic, our mobile ERP and point of sale solution for iOS.  As of October 2015, merchants are being required to support Chip and PIN to avoid new liabilities imposed by the major credit card companies (including VISA, which appears to own the company that provides the Authorize.Net service)  It would seem imperative that payment gateways allow for Chip and PIN transactions.  From everything I see--though I hope I am mistaken--Authorize.Net does not yet support Chip and PIN in its AIM interface (even for Card-Present transactions) despite its close ties with VISA.  All of the searching I have done through the forums and developer documentation have not produced any results.

We need to be able to develop our Chip and PIN solution now, well in advance of the October deadline.  Please implement this (if it does not already exist) and/or direct us to the documentation on how to pass ARQC (or equivalent cryptogram) data to the Authorize.Net payment gatway to support EMV/Chip and PIN transactions.

23 Comments
Lucas
I see the EMV guide is out. What device are we using? I don't see any new devices on the Authorize.net POS Portal site.
Lucas
Any update on which device we should be ordering from the Authorize.net POS Portal page?
blalond
Contributor

I started a discussion over here about the PDF "Preview Guide" for EMV for AIM API.

http://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/Discussion-on-new-EMV-API-Guide/...

I suppose the "Walker" device will become available any day now.

Lucas
Thanks for the post blalond!
pablobenitez

Where can one buy the Walker reader to integrate with the iOS SDK?

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

@pablobenitez A list of compatible devices and how to purchase them is available at http://www.authorize.net/solutions/merchantsolutions/merchantservices/mobileapp/ 

Richard

pablobenitez

@RichardH I get a 404 when visiting that URL pal.

Thanks for your swift reply!

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

This idea has been partially delivered with the release of our In-Person SDK with support for EMV.   See your developer blog for more details.  It does not include support for Chip and PIN.

Richard

expresspotato

+1

ager54

I am also working on Epilator reviews website and this idea is very helful in that case thanks for sharing this idea you can also take some new ideas from this page.