cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jakea

There should be a way to retrieve transaction details by their invoice number. If there is a network failure the only identifying information we have is the invoice number (not the Authorize.net generated transaction id).

Using the getUnsettledTransactionListRequest call is a bad choose since it only returns the last 1000 records.

15 Comments
number_one

I thought that when the status of this request was "Accepted" that it meant the feature would be available soon.  We're approaching 3.5 years after the request was made and almost 2 years after it was accepted.  This doesn't seem like it would be a hard feature to add (and would also reduce unnecessary calls to your API).  Can we please get an update?

natesutherland2
Contributor
As April of 2020 approaches, this will be the five year anniversary of this idea! I, too, need this functionality. Right now I download the last X transactions for a customer, then filter them for the invoice. It would be much better if this idea was actually implemented. Authorize.net? Are you abandoning your platform?
dav

It has been 6 years since this was "accepted". Unbelievable.

I, too, need this functionality. It's would be an amazingly efficient way to verify transactions. Instead, I have to search through all unsettled transactions.

Instead of pinging Authorize's API to return 1 result, I have to search through all recent transactions and find the specific invoice.

The amount of extra work and extra calls this produces is staggering over a course of 6 years.

PLEASE provide this. It would be a trivial implementation and would save so much work.

codr

When you have support for Accept Hosted payment form and Webhooks it makes sense to have an API endpoint that can return a transaction details by reference ID.

A lot of people are asking for this feature!

number_one

A moderator needs to clean up the spam posts on this thread.  There are several (some years old).  It might be nice if they also actually implemented the feature request that they accepted five years ago.