cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(13) The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive.

I am running ecommerce on a WP platform the recent 3.3 update left my cart not accepting Authorizenet, I was instructed by my theme support to download the new Authorizenet modules and files. after doing so I submit an order and ot brings this ERORR. I am not in TST mode and my LOG ID and Transaction Key are correct I ned to change some code somewhwre in these files can someone here help me find the code and change it ASAP? I wouod be so greatful this is a nightmare before XMAs and I can process orders.

KYC313
Contributor
29 REPLIES 29

I will give this a shot just strange that I woulkd need to type my ID and KEy into this code where it can be seen by all?, there is no way that the software would have had this already in the code from the download from ny Theme Files... I thought this was all protected? this would mean anyone could hit view source code and see my ID and Trans. Key to my Merchant Account

PHP code is never available publicly unless there is an error somewhere. So if you view the source of your website it shouldn't be visible and the PHP code shouldn't be available to anyone who does not have privileged access to your site.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post

I am getting Syntex erorr trying to place the code correctly I am unsure how to place it correctly please insert in this exactly where my info should go

public function __construct($api_login_id = false, $transaction_key = false)
{
$this->_api_login = ($api_login_id ? $api_login_id : (defined('AUTHORIZENET_API_LOGIN_ID') ? AUTHORIZENET_API_LOGIN_ID : ""));
$this->_transaction_key = ($transaction_key ? $transaction_key : (defined('AUTHORIZENET_TRANSACTION_KEY') ? AUTHORIZENET_TRANSACTION_KEY : ""));
$this->_sandbox = (defined('AUTHORIZENET_SANDBOX') ? AUTHORIZENET_SANDBOX : true);
$this->_log_file = (defined('AUTHORIZENET_LOG_FILE') ? AUTHORIZENET_LOG_FILE : false);

FYI, it is helpful if you format your code using the  button. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

The ERORR is gone but my cart LOCKS UP into the Awaiting for AuthorizeNet .... and the SALE never goes through...

but honestly I am not 100% sure the code was placed correctly

Sound like you need to get the developer involve with fixing this or find one at Certified Developer Directory.

here is what I was told from the Themes Developer today:

Hi John,

Now, i see that you have again placed the New Authorizenet folder. 

Let me explain the change in a bit detail:

Earlier we used to use AIM method for Authorize.net in which the transactions used to happen on the merchants site only. Now, in the latest version we have implemented SIM method for Authorize.net which redirects the customer to Authorize.net website to complete the transaction.

In the AIM method SSL was required and not all our users have SSL on their site so we changed it to SIM method. I will request you to mention which method you want to use so that we can upload the authorizenet folder on your site accordingly and check it.

Let us know if we can assist you fu

That last cut off sentence where they say, "Let us know if we can assist you further" is key as I am fairly certain they are going to need to assist you further. It looks like they changed the API they used for processing orders which isn't necessarily a bad thing in and of itself (although SIM definitely is a step down from AIM). But doing so shouldn't cause the error you are seeing. A re-install of their store, or at least the payment portion of it, may be in order as a next step to attempt to resolve this issue.

Yes I tried a re-install of the store and the payment folders with NO LUCK :(

After doing the re-install, did you update the software with your login ID and transaction key? Did you set AUTHORIZENET_SANDBOX to false?