cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd, 3rd payment + Subscription = customerProfileId + customerPaymentProfileId issue

Hello all! :)

Well, I have an issue with hosted payment page ++ subscriptions.
This is what I want to achieve:
- Make an initial payment (done) -> if the paid item is recurring payment -> create also a subscription.

Currently, I do a <createProfile> = true on every <createTransactionRequest> with <customer><email> = user's e-mail, so I can get both customerProfileId + customerPaymentProfileId.

All ok on the above if it runs for the first time.

The issue: if a payment profile have already created (for example a customer make a transaction for 2nd, 3rd etc time), the API <createTransactionRequest> returns an error - warning string, not the existings customerProfileId + customerPaymentProfileId on the service.

So I can't create the subscription via the <ARBCreateSubscriptionRequest> afterwards.

I tried to save on my db the customerProfileId + customerPaymentProfileId of the first transaction so I can use them, but what if a visitor use a different credit card? I can't make subscriptions based on my saved those values since could be an another credit card by same user.

Thanks in advance for any help!
P.T.

Scandal89
2 REPLIES 2

Any idea?

The problem has to do with the use of different credit cards.

A user could use more than one credit card on the future.

Scandal89

ok I was able to find the solution via investigation.

Here is a solution:

https://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/Invalid-OTS-Token/m-p/62939/hig...