3D Secure - help!

Hi everyone,

We're set up with 3D Secure using 3DSintegrator (http://3dsintegrator.readme.io). We're able to get the CAVV values but for some reason, Authorize.net is not receiving them. We're on PHP, and it would greatly help if someone can show us how the CAVV values are passed down to authorize.net via PHP. Are we supposed to include "cardholderAuthenticationValue" in the payment assemble section? How is this value passed down to authorize.net? 

Thanks!

Regular Contributor

Re: 3D Secure - help!

The CAVV is a property of the transaction request type object. I am not familiar with 3DS in any detailed way. My hunch is you would have to capture the CAVV from the vendor you are using and then pass that in the API call to authorize. The only way around that I can see would be if the vendor you use acts as a middleman and does the API call for you after validation, which I think is unlikely. Check the API documentation for whatever integration method (pure API, Accept suite, etc.) you are using and see if it is a valid request parameter for that method. If not then you are wasting your time even trying to pass a value.