cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS service for CIM

Hi I have been looking for a way to activate 3DS on the CIM API.  I came accorss this post in the forum.  It says that it can be done, but you need to have a seperate service to do the 3DS verification (authorize.net does not).  In my previous experience with 3DS the 3DS service was built into the API I called so I have never needed to find a seperate service for it.  So I am wondering can anybody recommend a good 3DS provider?

Thanks,

Josh

kaiping
1 REPLY 1

Hi @kaiping,

The recognized worldwide leader in payment authentication is Cardinal Commerce. They've just recently been acquired by Visa making them part of our extended Visa family. However, they're the best, and I'd personally be recommending them even if they weren't part of the family.

You're correct that the Cardinal MPI is not yet integrated directly to Authorize.Net As it stands right now, you'd have to make a call to the Cardinal MPI to determine how to proceed with the authentication portion of the transaction, then send the transaction request to Authorize.Net including the authentication value that you received back from the Cardinal MPI.

In addition to a more traditional API, Cardinal has a slick JavaScript implementation which makes some of the hassle of 3DS a little bit easier. They've got an overview on their site, but we're in the process of creating a blog post for our blog that walks you through the steps of integrating the information received into an Authorize.Net transaction. Stay tuned!

Aaron
All Star