cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

403 Forbidden Error

I am new to Authorize.NET.  I am an average ASP.NET developer, and am completely new to MVC, this is the first MVC site I have set up.

I am trying to create a DPM with C#.  I was able to use the quick start guide for DPM and completed Step #5 with my solution compiling successfully. I was able to slighty modify the home page with our name and also included the "Pay" button code with our API LOGIN ID, etc.   Being new to MVC, from the home page I curiously clicked the Login button, then the register section to see how it worked.  Unsurprisingly, the site would not let me create an account, no big deal.  Ever since, the site now gives me a 403 error.  See for yourself: http://secure.avtec.edu. The error the page indicates the page was found, but that I most likely I need to login. I have Anonymous and Windows Authentication enabled. I get this error on both the web server (localhost), and from inside and outside our firewall.

Again, this site was up and working, and I have not changed any of the authentication settings.  Its almost as if forms authentication is enabled (its not), but I get no form.  I am thinking that there is a text file somewhere that recorded my failed account creation somewhere in the solution. I am hesistant to make any changes to make the situation worse.

The website declined to show this webpage
HTTP 403

Most likely causes:
  • This website requires you to log in.
                                    What you can try:

Go back to the previous page. Go back to the previous page.

More information

This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

SFink
Contributor
10 REPLIES 10

I solved this on my own.  My public site was set to .NET v3.5.  Other integration methods specify to use 3.5 and not 4.0, so my original environment was this way.  Direct Post Method works only with .NET 4.0.

I cannot explain why this setting would create the 403 error, but who cares.  Swtiching to 4.0 is the fix. 

SFink
Contributor