cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIM API call with asp.net DLL 1.6.0 - SecurityPermission error

I'm getting this error intermittently in my server farm.  I'm currently trying to track down if this is related to specific servers or not.  I am not having any issues on servers running window server 2008 but the windows server 2008 R2 boxes are having this issue (but not all of them of course).  They all have the same permissions and were all set up at the same time, so in theory should all be the same.  But one of the boxes, for instance, has never had this error.

Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

I followed the advice on some other forums about web.config settings of full trust, but that isn't fixing the problem and have triple checked the IIS permissions for the bin directory where the authorize.net dll is stored.

Looking through the authorize.net source, I can say for sure that other calls to HttpWebRequest are working just fine.  It could be that since it's being called from a dll it's causing some issue.

Any thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2
TJPride
Expert

I had tried this before, but I actually just sorted it out another way.

It turned out to be a setting in the application pool -> advanced settings -> Load user profile -> true

this is only for windows server 2008 R2... windows server 2008 works fine still.