cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIM Approves Transaction/CIM Declines. Why?

Hi Folks,

I am in the final stages of an AIM-to-CIM conversion.  We are runnng small batches of production transactions in CIM to look for issues...and we found one that stumps me.

In this scenario, CIM tokens are already created. To be sure that the Customer's token information is up to date, we are running an "updateCustomerPaymentProfileRequest" prior to the AuthCapture transaction.

For one Customer, running the "updateCustomerPaymentProfileRequest" produces an error "E00027" , declining the transaction. While this in itself is not unexpected, the fact that an AuthCapture can be run sucessfully in AIM for the same Customer is confounding.

Why would a CIM "updateCustomerPaymentProfileRequest" fail, yet allow an AIM AuthCapture through?

Thanks for your help.

J

jbschwartz
Contributor
3 REPLIES 3

It is hard to tell without knowing the reason it getting E00027, on the response for updatecustomerpaymentprofile, it should have a validationDirectResponse that would tell us why it was unsuccessful.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Here is directResponse. Name and Address have been edited.

E00027|This transaction has been declined.2,1,2,This transaction has been declined.,,P,4845619982,none,Test transaction for ValidateCustomerPaymentProfile.,0.01,CC,auth_only,A_477918,John Q.,Smith,,123 Main Streett,Anytown,00,12345,,1111111111,,mail@mail.com,,,,,,,,,0.00,0.00,0.00,FALSE,none,C00C585B2743CDE9D73F7809F3CF1CE7,,,,,,,,,,,,,XXXX9888,MasterCard,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I reviewed the transaction online on Auth.net.  It reports:

• Transaction Status: Declined  (Card declined by issuer - Contact card issuer to determine reason.)

I tried a half dozen times with same result...yet AIM approves a real AuthCapture.

I'm not worried about one transaction. I'm worried about not understanding an underlying problem that would affect other transactions.

Thanks

J

sound like the bank didn't like the $.01 transaction and rejected it.

Try this, on the updateCustomerPaymentProfileRequest, set the validationmode=testmode, which should allow it to save the CC info change. Then then use that to CreateCustomerProfileTransaction and see if it works.