cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIM Connection Error: "Error connecting to AuthorizeNet

This morning, all sandbox testing was fine for me. But this afternoon, when I moved to my production server, I got the following response back for an AIM transaction

object(AuthorizeNetAIM_Response)#4 (52) { ["_response_array":"AuthorizeNetAIM_Response":private]=> array(0) { } ["approved"]=> bool(false) ["declined"]=> NULL ["error"]=> bool(true) ["held"]=> NULL ["response_code"]=> NULL ["response_subcode"]=> NULL ["response_reason_code"]=> NULL ["response_reason_text"]=> NULL ["authorization_code"]=> NULL ["avs_response"]=> NULL ["transaction_id"]=> NULL ["invoice_number"]=> NULL ["description"]=> NULL ["amount"]=> NULL ["method"]=> NULL ["transaction_type"]=> NULL ["customer_id"]=> NULL ["first_name"]=> NULL ["last_name"]=> NULL ["company"]=> NULL ["address"]=> NULL ["city"]=> NULL ["state"]=> NULL ["zip_code"]=> NULL ["country"]=> NULL ["phone"]=> NULL ["fax"]=> NULL ["email_address"]=> NULL ["ship_to_first_name"]=> NULL ["ship_to_last_name"]=> NULL ["ship_to_company"]=> NULL ["ship_to_address"]=> NULL ["ship_to_city"]=> NULL ["ship_to_state"]=> NULL ["ship_to_zip_code"]=> NULL ["ship_to_country"]=> NULL ["tax"]=> NULL ["duty"]=> NULL ["freight"]=> NULL ["tax_exempt"]=> NULL ["purchase_order_number"]=> NULL ["md5_hash"]=> NULL ["card_code_response"]=> NULL ["cavv_response"]=> NULL ["account_number"]=> NULL ["card_type"]=> NULL ["split_tender_id"]=> NULL ["requested_amount"]=> NULL ["balance_on_card"]=> NULL ["response"]=> NULL ["error_message"]=> string(32) "Error connecting to AuthorizeNet" }

I switched back to my sandbox account and am getting the same thing.

Worked fine earlier today. I saw online this was an issue back in April and saw to get the pem cert updated. I just downloaded and installed the SDK less than a week ago.

Anyone else have the same issue?

jeffsatz1227
1 REPLY 1

Hi jeffsatz1227,

A null response generally indicates that you aren't actually establishing a connection. The PEM file update that you referenced is one scenario that caused this for developers in the past, but wouldn't have any impact on an integration that has been working.  There are any number of reasons that the connection may be failing, so it's hard to offer any concrete recommendation based on only this error message.

Thanks,

Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator