cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIM Credit Card Type?

Hi! I've got a "problem"... shouldn't credit card type be required or something in an AIM transaction? From the sample codes, there credit card type is not used or sent in the request... Nor in the AIM Developer Guide...

Or is it used just for credit card number validation?

piter
5 REPLIES 5

Credit card type is unecessary information. Besides the fact that it can be determined by the card number alone, it serves no purpose other then to tell which credit card issuer to use to process the credit card.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post
stymiee
Expert
Expert

Our company only accept Visa, Master and Discover Card. Would AIM response with a response code of 2(Declined) or 3(Error), if someone enter a American Express CC#?

Hi,

I am also looking for the same information in AIM. I am not able to find Credit Card Type in the API. I agree with the previous reply that Card Type is identified from card number. But what if we need to add that information ? is it possible ?

Since there isn't a place to add that information, it impossible. Why do you need to send it anyway?

You can add some Javascript onsubmit that checks the credit card format, determines card type, and pops up a message if the card is the wrong type.