cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIM Integration java client NumberFormatException

Hello,

I've been developing a system that uses the Authorize.NET Java client.  Everything works superbly when using the Sandbox mode; however, when I switch to Production mode a transaction is first processed by Authorize.NET, the card charged, and then I receive a NumberFormatException on a value of ""1"" within the Authorize.NET client.  So, in essence, my code has no way of knowing if a transaction processed correctly or not because the Authorize.NET Java client is bombing while processing the response from the Authorize.NET server.

The only difference between the transactions I'm posting via Sandbox and Live are the credit card numbers.  The Sandbox transactions are using a test VISA card number provided by Authorize.NET.

Is this a known issue?  Am I using an outdated client? 

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Dave Wolff

elameno
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Did that said ""1"" with 2 double quote on each side? Check the Field Encapsulation Character setting on the account.

Settings - Transaction Format Settings - Transaction Response Settings - Direct Response

View solution in original post

RaynorC1emen7
Expert
2 REPLIES 2

Did that said ""1"" with 2 double quote on each side? Check the Field Encapsulation Character setting on the account.

Settings - Transaction Format Settings - Transaction Response Settings - Direct Response

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Yes, you read it correctly and you've pointed me in the right direction.  It looks like my test account was configured differently from the live account.  Now I have to alter the authorize.NET client to strip the quotation marks from the fields.

Thanks for your quick response! 

Dave