cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIM Refund - Transaction is awaiting settlement and cannot be refunded.

Hi All,

I'm using AIM with my AuthNet Developer Test Account in Live Mode.

I understand that an unsettled transaction cannot be refunded untill it becomes settled, and that an unsettled transaction can be voided.

I am just curious why, if I attempt to refund an unsettled transaction, that the Response Reason Code is the general Code # 54 "The referenced transaction does not meet the criteria for issuing a credit."

Is there a reason why Response Reason Code # 50, which appears to more specifically describe the particular reason the refund was not allowed is not returned if a refund is attempted for an unsettled transaction with AIM?

# 50 is "This transaction is awaiting settlement and cannot be refunded."

Thank you very much for you help and insights.

Tangent

tangent
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Tangent,

I totally agree, Response Code 50 makes more sense since the transaction against which the credit/refund was submitted has not been settled, so a credit cannot be issued. Thank you for that suggestion, you really proved a good point here. We have sent this to our Documentation team to let them know about your input.

Thanks!

-Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Has there been any update on this? I ran into the same issue.

Any further developments on the use of response reason code 50 for an unsettled transaction trying to do a refund?  And what are the other reasons that response reason code 54 would be sent?