cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIM XML guide feedback

http://www.authorize.net/support/AIM_guide_XML.pdf

While this guide is very verbose, I'm having a hard time knowing which field is a child of what. The table format doesn't really help much. An end tag is indicated simply by a bold line. The names are somewhat indented, but not by enough. The examples help somewhat, but not every field is included in the examples.

It would be helpful if all the end tags were included in the tables (name vs /name perhaps?), and with the names being indented, four spaces be tab woud be easier to read. More complete examples would also be helpful.

The table in "Minimum Required Elements" also is too similar to the other table. When doing a search, you can end up in either table. Perhaps in the main table do "<name>" and then in the Minimum table do "name". That way you can readily know which table you're in.

There also seems to be a descrepency. In createTransactionRequest it says "paymentType" in the table, but "payment" in the example. It seems "payment" is correct.

lukescott
1 REPLY 1

Hello lukescott

I've passed your suggestion and bug report to the appropriate teams at Authorize.Net.   I'd recommend subscribing to this topic so that you'll be alerted via email if there are updates. To subscribe, click Topic Options at the top of this thread and then select Subscribe. You'll then receive an email once anyone replies to your post.

Thanks,

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator