cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIM & CIM Integration

I am currently working on a project to integrate CIM into my clients existing e-commerce website.  We currently use AIM integration for credit card processing.  My client wants to use CIM to store customers credit card info if they elect to have their credit card info stored. They also want to switch to "auth only"

My question is can I still use AIM for credit card processing and just use CIM for to storing and retrieving customer info or do I have to convert all processing to use CIM?

eugenebb
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

1)ok

2)ok

3)can't use AIM. use CIM createCustomerProfileTransactionRequest. 

createCustomerProfileTransactionRequest use different param then AIM. mainly using userprofile and paymentprofileID to create transaction.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You will have to use CIM for any transactions as you will not have access to the full cc# back from CIM. Once the cc info is stored, use the user profile to create transaction.

Keep using AIM for those whose didn't want to stored their cc info.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Thank you for your timely response.  I had a bad feeling about that.  Good thing I quoted this at 40 hours.

So to be clear, I can not follow this procedure:

1. Process users transaction using AIM.

2. Save users billing, shipping and CC info using CIM (if they elect to do so).

3. Recall users billing, shipping and CC info (next time they log into my ecommerce system) to populate form fields in check out system, and process the transaction as normal (using AIM).

I need to Call the createCustomerProfileTransactionRequest function from CIM to process a transaction for that customer who elected to save their info.  I can use the same authorize.net info as I do for AIM correct?

Thank again for your help.

1)ok

2)ok

3)can't use AIM. use CIM createCustomerProfileTransactionRequest. 

createCustomerProfileTransactionRequest use different param then AIM. mainly using userprofile and paymentprofileID to create transaction.

Gotcha. Thank you again for your timely response.