cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIM and Split Tender Transactions

Hi,

I hope this doesnt sound like a stupid question, but is it possible to have split tender transactions in a card-not-present, adavanced integration method environment?  I would like to allow the consumer to use more than one card per transaction .

Thanks for your help!

shiva3000
Contributor
5 REPLIES 5

Yes. it work for both.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Thanks!  Do you have a sample of what the code would look like for 2 cards?  I would really appreciate it.

shiva3000
Contributor

Sorry. I don't, maybe someone else would post their.

I am dioing CP Split Tender Transactions and i could see the SplitTrederId in the response. See below.

<?xml version="1.0" ?><response><ResponseCode>4</ResponseCode><Messages><Message><Code>295</Code><Description><![CDATA[The amount of this request was only partially approved on the given prepaid card. An additional payment is required to fulfill the balance of this transaction.]]></Description></Message></Messages><AuthCode><![CDATA[CIG3S4]]></AuthCode><AVSResultCode>Y</AVSResultCode><CVVResultCode></CVVResultCode><TransID>2197999479</TransID><RefTransID></RefTransID><TransHash>DD826802CF0508503E51990DB0C2F76E</TransHash><TestMode>0</TestMode><UserRef></UserRef><AccountNumber>XXXX1111</AccountNumber><AccountType>Visa</AccountType><SplitTenderID>110762</SplitTenderID><PrepaidCard><RequestedAmount>50000.00</RequestedAmount><ApprovedAmount>1.23</ApprovedAmount><BalanceOnCard></BalanceOnCard></PrepaidCard></response>

But not able to get this value using API. below my code :

Result<Transaction> result = (Result<Transaction>) merchant
                .postTransaction(authorizeTransaction);

log.debug("Split"
                + result.getTarget().getResponseField(
                        ResponseField.SPLIT_TENDER_ID)); --> this is returning me null.

I am using

import net.authorize.aim.Transaction;
import net.authorize.aim.cardpresent.Result;

to post a transaction and reading the result. Any input? thanks.

I got it by reading response XML:

private String getSplitTenderId(Result<Transaction> result) {
        return (null == result ? null : BasicXmlDocument.getElementText(result
                .getTarget().getCurrentResponse().getDocumentElement(),
               "SplitTenderID"));
    }