cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIM - can i send more than one "auth_only" transaction id to batch at a time?

We have a custom web app that hooks into the Auth.net api -- we just initially do an AUTH_ONLY...and we get a transaction_id back, which we store securely.  when it's time, we loop through the transaction_id's and charge the cards.

is there any way to send a bunch of transaction_id's at one time, as opposed to creating requests for each one?

just looking for a faster, more efficient way to do this via the api...

thanks!

-kasey

pyroblue
7 REPLIES 7

Unfortunately only one transaction can be performed at a time through AIM. I know you can bulk upload transactions through the control panel but I don't know if you can perform AUTH_ONLYs that way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post
stymiee
Expert
Expert

Hey Kasey,

John's right, you can only do one transaction a time through AIM. But if you use the Batch Upload feature of the Merchant Interface, you can upload multiple transaction IDs as you're requesting. You can do authorization only transactions as well as prior authorization capture transactions using Batch Upload, so you should be good. For more info on the Batch Upload feature, check out the Upload Transaction File Guide at http://www.authorize.net/files/uploadguide.pdf.

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

I have a similar question about batching settlements for Card Present AIM.

It's my understanding that we'd initially AUTH_ONLY our transactions, and then at the end of the day press a button to settle using PRIOR_AUTH_CAPTURE (one at a time for each x_ref_trans_id as mentioned above). The website FAQ says that all settlements are batched automatically based on the merchant's cut-off date.

So please correct me if I'm wrong:

- Using AUTH_CAPTURE... the settlement would be handled immediately.

- Using AUTH_ONLY then PRIOR_AUTH_CAPTURE... all transactions for the day will be settled as a batch at the cut-off date.

Otherwise I have no idea how to batch CP transactions :)

AUTH_CAPTURE means once the transaction is batched you will be funded normally for that transaction (usually a couple of business days).

AUTH_ONLY then PRIOR_AUTH_CAPTURE means the funds are frozen on the user's card (AUTH_ONLY) until you capture it (PRIOR_AUTH_CAPTURE). Then once the transaction is batched you will be funded normally for that transaction. The period between AUTH_ONLY and PRIOR_AUTH_CAPTURE can be up to one month in length.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Hi: If I were to collect all "Authorization only" transactions and use Batch upload feature of Merchant interface, would I incur one fixed fees or fixed fees times the number of transactions in that batch?

If I would pay only one fixed fees then this would be a substantial cost saving. Why would I want to do it using AIM, using which I would need to pay fixed fees multiplied by the number of transactions? 

Thanks,

Rohit

Every transaction incurs a fee even if done with the bulk upload utility.

Technically speaking, how you are charged your processing fees is determined by your processor.  If you are with a merchant such as Alpha & Omega Processing (www.aopsales.com) who offers "cost plus" pricing, then you will only be charged on the authorization, not on the capture or settlement.