cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIM: how to send XML to Authorize.net?

I'm trying to integrate our system with Authorize.net by Advanced Integration Method. According to the PDF documentation available at http://www.authorize.net/support/AIM_guide_XML.pdf, one needs to create an XML for the specific request, send it to Authorize.net somehow, and parse the response as XML. Also, it is stated that "In order to be processed successfully, API requests and responses must conform to the AIM API XML schema" (page 16).

However, this documentation does not seem to mention how to send this XML to the Authorize.net web service (e.g. whether POST or some other HTTP method should be used; what content-type should be used; how the data should be formatted). Even more, it seems to contradict itself by stating on page 15 that "you need to develop an application that: ... Initiates an SSL connection from the merchant’s Web server to the payment gateway transaction post location to pass transaction data in name/value pairs". How do I send XML request to Authorize.net?

payonline-i
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @payonline-i 

It may be simpler to use the API Reference and interactive console which allows you send transactions and review the response from the sandbox.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Same problem

larryj53