cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIM integration in Android App

Sir,

I have an app distributed among users featuring some goods that my customers can choose from. I have integrated AIM method but I need to enable each device for a transaction. Its like point of sale type transaction!. I need only to accept payment from my customers, donot need to enable their devices. What is the solution?

indiegirl
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @indiegirl 

The Android SDK isn't designed to allow consumers to make purchases on their personal device.  Instead, it allows merchants to create a mobile Point of Sale using a device they control.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

I have also contacted through developer support email. they have replied as following 

"Hi,

The SDK is designed to allow you to use your iPhone/Android as a mobile terminal.  Because it is not secure to include any credentials embedded in the app, we created the ability to login to the API using your individual account credentials.  Each individual user of the app should have their own credentials for the account, they should never be embedded in the app itself. This is the reasoning for requiring these credentials is specifically because it is a distributed app. The SDK app only allows your phone to be a mobile terminal but it is not used to save your customer's sensitive data.The login credentials should not be stored in the app, but entered by the merchant when they go to use it."

Can in anyway the sdk can be used or edite to be used as make purchases from a customers personal device. Alternatively can I use a form using the api and transaction key just like the shopping cart on the website and use ssl certicate that i have for security. IS that Recommended?

No, you cannot use the SDK to allow customers to make payments on their personal device.

You might consider building your own responsive web form on your website and collects payments through the browser on the device.

Richard