cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIM - multiple capture

We have a strange situation, that we cannot figure how to implement with AIM.

We have an order with two items, $20 total.  We AUTH_ONLY the $20.

Down the road, when each item is shipped, we need to PRIOR_AUTH_CAPTURE each item for $10 independently.

So the first item would PRIOR_AUTH_CAPTURE ahead of the second, and the second may be on backorder, or from another warehouse etc.  Eventually the second item with also need to capture the second item for $10 when shipped.

Is there a way to do this with AIM?

We tried:

• AUTH_CAPTURE the second item with the previous x_trans_id - error says we need a credit card number
  • PRIOR_AUTH_CAPTURE the second item - error says the transaction has already been captured.

5 REPLIES 5

Any particular reason you can't do two separate auths so you can then capture separately?

TJPride
Expert

The main road block to that, is that at the time of payment, we don't know how many boxes the order will take up.

So you could order 15 items, but 3 boxes get shipped--which could get broken into 3 captures when shipped.

Well, it's an interesting problem. You could use CIM and just charge items as necessary, as long as you weren't concerned with authorizing the whole thing in advance. Or you could charge the entire order in advance. I don't really see how you can do precisely what you're trying to do.

We are also integated with Verifone's Payware Connect API.  They support this functionality just fine:

1. "pre-auth" $100
  2. "capture" $50
  3. "capture" $50, the exact same way as step 2

They have a *much* worse API than Authorize.NET, in general.  I am surprised there is not a way to do this with AIM. 

Is there any way first we authorize three items then we capture  two item one by one using partial authorization or

authonly ?

If Its possible then tell the steps which I need to follow?

And how we use split tender id?