cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIm AUTH_ONLY in Conjuction with VOID

Hello,

Our client wants the ability to pre authorize individuals to make sure they have the availble funds before sending them product.

I was wondering what the time frame is, if any, on the money returned to the cardholder if we immediately VOID after we AUTH_ONLY.

If this topic already exists or there is an answer on these forums, please link me.

Thank you,

Tom

Tommyjohn05
3 REPLIES 3

There a seach button.

Anyway, it depend on the customer card issuer bank.

Our client wants the ability to pre authorize individuals to make sure they have the availble funds before sending them product.

You mean they don't send them the product immediately?

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Search buttons <> Google :D

But yes, that was their request. To pre auth before they send their product.

Their business practices outside of development are of no concern to us, we would just like to know if the "Frozen Funds" are immediately returned or are considered a pending transaction.

I suppose "depends on bank" is a valid response.  

I was under the impression that if a "AUTH_ONLY" transaction was made and then "VOID" was issued that the cardholder would never see the transaction, with the exception of Debit Cards.

I was under the impression that if a "AUTH_ONLY" transaction was made and then "VOID" was issued that the cardholder would never see the transaction, with the exception of Debit Cards.

Some CC do show them. Not much authorize.net or you can do.