cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AMEX cards are ALWAYS declined

We have had Authorize.net up and running for a while and it has been accepting payment quite well -- But recently I've realized that every American Express card has been declined with the status of:

Declined
  (Card declined by issuer - Contact card issuer to determine reason.)

Looking back at our batch history of all AMEX transactions, there are 5+ and all of them are declined and for the same reason.

I know the status says it is a problem with the issuer (AMEX), but it seems unlikely that every AMEX transaction we've had so far all have that same issue.

Is there a way that the issue is on Authorize.net's side / there is some setting that needs to be changed to make it work? I should point out that we are using all AVS response settings and Zip code (N) settings currently. The Merchant profie also says American Express is a payment Method.

Any ideas?

nkals722
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @nkals722 

I would recommend contacting customer support for help with your production gateway account.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

We need your help.Since we opened we can't process the credit card payment with AMEX.  The reason code: 25. I'm having the problem just with AMEX.

Thanks,

Sound like an account setup issue. Call the support line.

Hi,

Wich one is the support line?