cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API code not transmitting customer's IP address to Auth.net

I just finished implimenting the PHP API code, using the sample code from GitHub. I upgraded from our old CGI/PERL code which has been depricated.

Everything is working fine, except one thing: When we charge a credit card the new code transmits our website's IP address instead of the customer's IP address.  This causes our IP velocity filter to flag every transation, since it thinks it's the same person.

Does anyone have an idea how I can fix this? Maybe there's something I didn't set right. THANKS!

BCamenker
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

THANK YOU very much for this advice. I searched around and did find the SetCustomerIP() function in one of the classes in the API. It works beautifully! I'm a bit surprised that they don't have that in the sample code if it needs to be set. But I'm fine now!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
@BCamenker

Do you pass the IP address in your API call? Need more background into what you are doing.
Renaissance
All Star

No, there's no place I've found to pass the IP address. (There wasn't in the old code, either.) It seems to just pick it up somewhere. I would prefer to grab it myself and pass it.

@BCamenker

There is a property called customerIP that you can pass it under. It is in the API reference. Your old code may have been for SIM. That would explain how the correct IP address makes it to you. You are probably getting the default 255.... IP address now.

THANK YOU very much for this advice. I searched around and did find the SetCustomerIP() function in one of the classes in the API. It works beautifully! I'm a bit surprised that they don't have that in the sample code if it needs to be set. But I'm fine now!

@BCamenker

And it didn’t cost you $1,000’s to get this done ;)