API integration users. What is best practice

I started working for a new org recently and they have about 4-5 API users for various systems. At my last org we had one integration user for Marketo and another user called “API Only” that we tied a bunch of other systems into.

I’m thinking about digging into the superfluous users and cutting the 4-5 users down to 2 MAX, but I’m not sure if that’s best practice.

Additionally, some end-users/old admins integrated a system with their user credentials. This makes things a bit more complex since I need to track down what is tied to who and reconnect it with the “API Only” proposed user or an integration user specifically for that system. We currently have a bunch of licenses/users being used for integrations and it just doesn’t make sense when we could be using some of those for end users.

What is best practice for the number/use case of API users for systems integrations? Would love to hear what you all have to say about this.

Re: API integration users. What is best practice

Hey guys what are you searching for here? If you looking for the HomeGoods Guest Satisfaction Survey then here is the post which will guide you about HomeGoods Survey and help for completing the whole survey.

@jessicaWilbur wrote:

I started working for a new org recently and they have about 4-5 API users for various systems. At my last org we had one integration user for Marketo and another user called “API Only” that we tied a bunch of other systems into.

I’m thinking about digging into the superfluous users and cutting the 4-5 users down to 2 MAX, but I’m not sure if that’s best practice.

Additionally, some end-users/old admins integrated a system with their user credentials. This makes things a bit more complex since I need to track down what is tied to who and reconnect it with the “API Only” proposed user or an integration user specifically for that system. We currently have a bunch of licenses/users being used for integrations and it just doesn’t make sense when we could be using some of those for end users.   Jcpenney kiosk 

What is best practice for the number/use case of API users for systems integrations? Would love to hear what you all have to say about this.

I have also started an organization with 7-8 API users for various systemsJcpenney kiosk will be helpful for this.