cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARB API - lookup subscription's resulting transaction id

I am sure this has been asked before... but I really need this functionality.

I have a database listed with subscriptions, their info and subscriber ID's from successful

ARBCreateSubscriptionRequest's.

I would like to be able and run queries every day or so, and check the status of the subscriptions.

ARBGetSubscriptionRequest works great for that, but I would also like to populate my sales database table

with the record of its transaction id that happened for that subscription period.

Currently I am not finding any call that will let me do that.

in simpler terms... I have subscriber ID's, and I need transaction id's  :)

and for the record i am using the XML method.

anyone knowing any way possible would be amazingly awesome.

nathanabrewer
9 REPLIES 9

Get subscription status

Silent post will help you track subscription payments.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post
stymiee
Expert
Expert

Only if the Silent Post URL is reliable, which it is not. Can you do this without the Silent Post, just with the API's you provide?

Silent Post is very reliable. 

I don't see anything in the reporting API for getting transactions by subscription ID...yet. But it sounds like something they would probably introudce soon since I can see that being very handy to have.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

We will look into it further, but we are running a log on the Silent Post and when we compare it to ARB payments running in authorize, i would estimate that 1 in 20 don't show up in the log. I read that there is a 2 second limit on the silent post, but I'm unclear on what happens after the 2 seconds. 

If that's the case, we almost need a separate server JUST for the Silent Post logging to insure we don't miss any transactions. If you say its very reliable, can you tell me what we are doing wrong or maybe point me towards a setup that doesn't have an issue with missing transactions? It seems to be a common problem when you google it online ("Authorize.net silent post missing transactions")

I don't know of there being a time limit on Silent Post as Authnet doesn't need a response back for it to work properly like relay response does. As long as the silent post script can receive the data no response is really necessary. I could be wrong though as I have never investigated that aspect of silent post.

Are you using shared hosting? Shared hosts can have spikes in server usage which result in slow server response times. Just a guess.

I've never had a silent post go missing and some of my customers get hundreds of them every day, If you search this forum you'll see lots of posts mentioning relay response errors. 99%+ of them start off by saying relay response sucks and/or it doesn't work properly. In the end it turns out they had a code or server problem. For some it's just easier to find then others. 

We aren't on shared hosting, we are on dedicated Rackspace servers, so there really shouldn't be any issues from a hosting perspective. We'll continue to dig as we have been for weeks but at the end of the day, we have transaction reports from Auth with hundreds of entries, and log reports from silent post that are missing 5 - 10 of those transactions. 

If its not hosting, what else could be the issue? We have looked at each missing transaction and there is no rhyme or reason (all arb or all international or voids.) They are all random transaction that just plain and simple, don't exist in our logs.  

Are they successful transactions? Any expired cards? Or declines?

No, they are successful transactions.

Hey nathanabrewer,

What did you use to set up your ARB database list of subscribers and subscriber ID's - that's exactly what I'm looking for. Have a client using s2member2 with authorize.net subscription payments.

Thanks,

cbfreeman 

cbfreeman