Developer

Re: ARB: Active vs Suspended STATUS on Decline?

Hi guys,

The major overhaul in our ARB & CIM architecture is almost complete.  In the next few weeks we'll be releasing updates to our API to allow ARB subscriptions to be created from CIM profiles.  This will not solve all the ARB issues in this thread (yet) but it does mean that CIM card validation will be available when you want to create/update a subscription rather than waiting for validation on first charge.  Please be assured that tackling the ARB fail/retry is next up on our agenda but getting the underlying design correct had to be our first task.   We hope that this major update (and data migration) demonstrates our commitment to our card-on-file services.   Obviously this thread is a comprehensive document on the retry issues but if you would like to provide direct feedback to me on your particular recurring billing use case please feel free to email me directly at bmcmanus(replacewithatsign)authorize.net.

thank-you,

Brian 

No updates in 5 months? So I emailed Brian Mcmanus directly as he suggested...no reply. I will now be moving all of my customers to PayFlow Pro. I coded their API 2 years ago and they support everything everyone is looking for in a real ARB system.

Developer

Apologies for not responding sooner Brian, we have been extremely busy as I'm sure you are too so no excuse on the email response delay.

Re ARB as I mentioned in email we have a major project in the plans for ARB upgrade and we have had to balance the cost/impact/maintenence of any interim updates.

That being said we can look at the possibility of providing API access to the existing MINT retry functionality.

Thanks for the feedback and apologies again for the radio silence.

Brian

Well reading this thread was a bummer.  I was thrilled that I could use the ARB system which would save in both developer cost and maintenance but not having a good way to handle declined payments basically makes it a no go. 

What a shame :/

Dealing with this again as I'm completely rebuilding my website from the ground up.  Such a ridiculous headache.

Developer

I hate having to apologize for the delay again but we are finally moving with ARB updates and we will be making some great (and long overdue) improvements to our recurring billing in the next few months.  If you can hold out and/or you are interested in taking part in a beta please email developer@authorize.net with the subject of ARB Beta and ask to participate.

Brian 

Thanks for the reply, Brian.

Super interested. Can you detail the improvements a little bit though so we can better determine if we want to beta? :)

kos

Hi Brian,

Any updates on this? May you give more detailed ETA when this issue is going to be solved?

Administrator

Hi @kos,

I may not have a detailed answer for you right off the bat, but I can certainly look. Let me first ask what specific changes you're looking for.

This thread goes back a ways, and some of the things that have been discussed have been changed and others haven't. If you tell me what specific recurring transaction problem(s) you're dealing with, I can investigate and see where in the planning we are for that particular improvement. 

-Aaron

Aaron Wright
Developer Evangelist - Authorize.Net

Follow Authorize.Net developer news on Twitter!