cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ARB Notification Issue with Gravity Forms (WordPress)

We are using Gravity Forms to build an online donation form that allows for one-time or recurring payments. There is an issue with the recurring payments. When the subscription has been created in Authorize.net, a note appears in Gravity Forms. After that, there appears to be no communication back from Authorize.net to our WordPress install. There is a notes section for each original entry that should update when a payment has been completed/declined or when a subsequent subscription payment has been created and waiting to be completed.

Has anyone run into this issue before? My initial thought is that since this is a new setup for our Auth.net account, I must not have a setting turned on yet to communicate back to my website.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

hmhanson1316
Contributor
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

It may help to review the recurring billing documentation on http://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/features/recurring_billing.html 

Subscriptions do not process transactions in real time. Creating a subscription transaction successfully does not guarantee that subscription payments will process through your account successfully. Subscription transactions process at approximately 2:00 a.m. PST on scheduled payment dates. Therefore, the first scheduled transaction is not sent to the customerโ€™s bank for authorization until approximately 2:00 a.m. PST on the start date that you specify when you create the subscription in your account. If you create a subscription with a start date that equals the creation date, the first scheduled payment does not process until after 2:00 a.m. the following day.

You may also wish to contact the developer of gravity forms for details on how their implementation works using our API.

Richard

View solution in original post

I contacted the developers at Gravity Forms and they informed me that I had to enabled WP_Cron in my wp-content.php file.  Once I did that, the checks started working correctly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hello @hmhanson1316

Are you testing in the sandbox or is this with your live production account?  

Subscriptions are not processed immediately, they are processed the next day starting after 2am Pacific.  What did you specify for the start date for these subscriptions?

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Hello Richard,

This is in the sandbox.  The subscriptions are created as soon as the form is submitted.  

I did try setting the Silent Post URL to my homepage, but that doesn't seem to help.  

Herb

It may help to review the recurring billing documentation on http://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/features/recurring_billing.html 

Subscriptions do not process transactions in real time. Creating a subscription transaction successfully does not guarantee that subscription payments will process through your account successfully. Subscription transactions process at approximately 2:00 a.m. PST on scheduled payment dates. Therefore, the first scheduled transaction is not sent to the customerโ€™s bank for authorization until approximately 2:00 a.m. PST on the start date that you specify when you create the subscription in your account. If you create a subscription with a start date that equals the creation date, the first scheduled payment does not process until after 2:00 a.m. the following day.

You may also wish to contact the developer of gravity forms for details on how their implementation works using our API.

Richard

Hi Richard,

I am aware that the subscriptions process at 2:00AM the following day.  The transactions always look correct in Authorize.net.  The problem is that there should be something that triggers on the WordPress/Gravity Forms end to notify the site administrator and the customer once that payment processes.

I was hoping that setting the Silent Post URL to our secured homepage URL (https://) would solve everything, but it did not.  

I will check with the Gravity Forms people.  They seem confused as well since the one-time payments perform correctly.  

I contacted the developers at Gravity Forms and they informed me that I had to enabled WP_Cron in my wp-content.php file.  Once I did that, the checks started working correctly.

When you said wp-content.php file, did you mean wp-config.php?

I am using the Gravity Forms Authorize.net add-on too and it's great so far. However, I do not see Silent Post URL field in the setting for GF nor do I see an option for choosing the start date.

In my form Auth settings, after selecting  subscription, the only subscription options available are the following:

Recurring Amount 

Billing Cycle

Recurring Times

Am I missing something?  

I have the lastest install of GF, the Authorize.net add-on and WP.

Thanks.