cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARB "Start Date" & "Creation Date" Not Same...PLEASE HELP...

I am using Authorize.Net net for my gateway. 

When I sign up for a subscription on my site, the "Start Date" that is transmitted from the plug-in on my site to ARB on Authorize.Net is not the same as the  "Creation Date" of the subscription in Authorize.Net ARB.

For example, if I signed up today for a (7) day membership, the start date that gets populated from the plug-in in Authorize.Net is 4/24/15 and the "Subscription Creation Date" in Authorize.Net is todays date, 4/17/15  

If the dates are not the same, I can't keep track of when peoples subscriptions actually start, if the dates are not the same.

FYI, I believe my programmer set up my site to send first subscription payment to Authorize.Net as AIM because I noticed I see "Authorize w/ auto capture" in the unsettled transctions for first subscription payment.  I am not sure if because the first payment is an AIM payment is that messing up the ARB "start date" & "creation date" ? 

(just a thought I had)

However, I NEED these two dates to be the same

How can I correct this ?

ajh77
3 REPLIES 3

It started ont the creation date.

There a reason for doing a AIM for the first transaction. Ask your programmer.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Thank you for the reply

I understand why my prgrammer chose AIM method for the first transaction

For instance, if I charge 5.00 today for a (7) day subscription today.... creation date in ARB in Authorize.Net is 4/18/15

Start date (I am assuming this is the actual start of the ARB) is 4/25/15, if this is the case, then the dates are technically correct based on the fact that the first transaction is done through AIM method

So, with that in mind, is the first (7) days, in the example above, excluded from ARB and the ARB actually starts on 4/25/15, but the person is billed the first entire week under AIM method ?

If that is the case, how does a (1) month or (3) month membership work ?  What part is billed through AIM Method & What part is ARB start ?

For a one month, would entire (1) month be AIM and ARB start after that month is over and same with (3) months, (3) months billed initially as AIM method, then ARB start after ?

If that is true, how do I keep track of when the ARB starts, it will get very confusing 

So, with that in mind, is the first (7) days, in the example above, excluded from ARB and the ARB actually starts on 4/25/15, but the person is billed the first entire week under AIM method ?

Yes, sound like it, if you are not sure talk to your programmer

If that is the case, how does a (1) month or (3) month membership work ?  What part is billed through AIM Method & What part is ARB start ?

create on toaday, start on 5/15  or 7/18

For a one month, would entire (1) month be AIM and ARB start after that month is over and same with (3) months, (3) months billed initially as AIM method, then ARB start after ?

yes.

If that is true, how do I keep track of when the ARB starts, it will get very confusing 

look at the create date. And you should really stored your info on your own database.