cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARB subscription payments

Hi,

I wanted to clarify a few things about the ARB option.

1. There is no other way to get the transactions except by Silent Post and email within ARB?

2. Can I get these transactions via the Transactions Details API?

Thanks,

Roman

rroyter
5 REPLIES 5

1) If by silent post you mean the callback page, then yes. Your callback page will need to store the transaction ID's, ideally.  Though you can also get a list of settled transactions via the transaction details API by accessing batches, then transactions, then transaction details - so long as you have a customer ID in each transaction.

2) Yes, using the transaction ID's. The transaction data is also passed to the callback page in the form of a bunch of $_POST variables - you can log $_POST to a text file using the following to get an idea of what the data looks like:

$logfile = "path to log file";
$handle = fopen($logfile, 'a');
fwrite($handle, print_r($_POST, true));

TJPride
Expert

I see. So Customer ID is what I generate in the ARBCreateSubscription call, or do I need to create that entry with Authorize API first?

Custotmer ID would be something generated by your own database and passed as one of the values to Authorize.net, so when the callback gets triggered on a successful charge, the callback page then knows which of your customers to assign it to in your database. Otherwise, how does your system know who's paid up to date?

Well, to avoid PCI compliance headache I actually do not want to save the billing info on my server at all and let the ARB figure out whom to charge. But I see now, that I can just generate an ID for a customer and it should be enough to get access to payments.

You don't have to store anything on your side except date and amount of charge (if you want to provide your users with a billing history), and subscription ID (if you want the ability to update the billing info later). I suppose if you have the subscription ID, there's probably even a way to access the charge information directly, though I prefer to have at least a summary in my db so I can run statistics without requesting a bunch of records from Authorize.net.