cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARB subscription problem

i am using test account.

i have successfully implemented ARB and able to create subscriptions.

i have created one subscription for 7 days recuring.

but now the 9 day of that subscription but still the transaction not created from that subscription.

can you please help me here, i want to test ARB in test account first.

Thanks,

Ashish

Ashish
Contributor
28 REPLIES 28

ARB Subscriptions do not actually generate transactions on a Test account.  The Test server just lets you make sure your calls to ARB are successful.

Dave Parker
IT DevWorks, LLC
Makers of the I-Bill IT libraries for Authorize.net
Blog: http://www.itdaveworks.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/rayrad
Site: http://www.itdevworks.com
itdevworks
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

"ARB Subscriptions do not actually generate transactions on a Test account.  The Test server just lets you make sure your calls to ARB are successful."

means if i want to test the ARB subscription on Test account then it is onto possible. am i right?

or there is any way to test the ARB transaction?

and as you said "The Test server just lets you make sure your calls to ARB are successful." means the test server only gives notification to subscription created or not , but it don't give any response regarding transaction of ARB done or not?

am i right?

is there any way to check that the ARB transactions are happening in Test account?

Thanks,

Ashish

The purpose of the test account is to allow a developer to verify their API calls are correct. Not to actually establish subscriptions or process credit cards. If the test account is telling you that a transaction was successful then everything was done properly. There's no need to actually establish a subscription as it really offers nothing to the developer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post

Thank you for the kind response.

i really got what you explain.

but still i am curious about that

(1) in ARB, i have created the subscriptions successfully  at Test account .

then in the Test account the transactions from the subscriptions will occur or not?

i have put 7 days period for recurring. as today is 9 th day .

(2) in Test account  if i want to check weather the subscriptions make its transactions. then is it possible?

Thanks,

Ashish.

(1) in ARB, i have created the subscriptions successfully  at Test account .

then in the Test account the transactions from the subscriptions will occur or not? - No.  They will not.

i have put 7 days period for recurring. as today is 9 th day .

(2) in Test account  if i want to check weather the subscriptions make its transactions. then is it possible? - No.

Dave Parker
IT DevWorks, LLC
Makers of the I-Bill IT libraries for Authorize.net
Blog: http://www.itdaveworks.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/rayrad
Site: http://www.itdevworks.com
itdevworks
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

I think I am not able to make things clear for you guys, for that I apologize.

Here is what we are actually trying to implement.

1) We are using the Test account.

2) User will come to our website and can select a subscription (recurring) or a one time payment.

3) In case of subscription, the user is charged first time when he completes the checkout process and if the AIM response is positive we update our database but, at this same time we also create a ARB for the defined period of the subscription, which in this case is set to 7 days (for testing purpose). Now after this 7 days, user's card is again charged for the defined amount and we want a callback which can be used to update our local database. We understand that in this case we will receive the response similar to AIM.

Basically we are not able to receive the second callback, which is set to fire after 7 days of the first transaction.

I hope I was able to explain what we are looking for.

Thanks again for all your support.

Why not use the trial amount and trial occurrence option to charge the user initially, then set the recurring date to +7 days (future date). This would eliminate the need to send two separate transactions to the gateway.

Thanks!

soundcommerce
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

IF YOU ARE USING THE TEST ACCOUNT NO SUBSCRIPTION WILL BE CREATED. An actual working subscriotion is only created when you use a live account.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

@soundcommerce wrote:

Why not use the trial amount and trial occurrence option to charge the user initially, then set the recurring date to +7 days (future date). This would eliminate the need to send two separate transactions to the gateway.

Thanks!

Because that's a bad practice. If the credit card is bad you won't know until the bext day and the customer is long gone. If you use AIM to charge the first payment you'll know immediately that the card is no good and you can request a new credit card while the customer is still present.