cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARB subscription problem

i am using test account.

i have successfully implemented ARB and able to create subscriptions.

i have created one subscription for 7 days recuring.

but now the 9 day of that subscription but still the transaction not created from that subscription.

can you please help me here, i want to test ARB in test account first.

Thanks,

Ashish

Ashish
Contributor
28 REPLIES 28

Thank you very much. The above explanation clearly rules out my doubts.

It really  helped me a lot.

Thanks

Priya.

Excellent post. Can you please clarify "the ARB service detects expired credit cards from their expiration date and never even tries to process them".

Does the ARB service go to Visa/MC, etc to determine the "current" expiration date of the card, or is the expiration date that was provided when the subscription was made evaluated?

We use PayPal, and when the card on file with PayPal expires PayPal automatically cancels the subscription. This forces the subscriber to resubscribe. They get irritated with this, sometimes they get angry. Frequently subscribers don't bother to sign up again. I was hoping moving to Authorize.net would solve this problem, but from your post, I think this problem would still exist.

Is there a way to collect recurring payments and avoid requiring the subscriber to resubscribe when their credit card expires, even if the credit card company issued a new card with the same number?

Thanks

When the expiration date expires in an ARB subscription the Authorize.Net system idenifies that the expiration date is invalid and does not attempt to process a transaction. In addition, each merchant may elect to receive ARB email notifications, which include an email that will notify of implending expirations so that they may take proactive action prior to the credit card expiring, such as asking the customer to update their payment details. Merchants may elect not to receive these emails as well, in which case the subscription would no longer attempt to process transactions when the expiration date is no longer valid, but he subscription will not expire until the payment intervals have ended in the subscription.

Thank you,

Elaine

Elaine
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Great post!
Clear alot of doubts regarding ARB method.

The thread is a full package, so i think i should add up two of my doubts regarding it as well.
On test account, i tried to check my call. Request sent and response return as OK. And i also tried with invalid CC info and it response back with Error. I want to know:

• is there will be the same scnario in live production account?
  • On live account, if error occurs in CC info or any other data type, does the call stops and response return with error? (If this is the case, i can prompt error message to user to correct the invalid value.)

• I have read about validation, in that case i have to use,  AIM method to validate the credit card info. How i can send call to ARB method right after AIM? (How can i make one click to go? is it like when i receive OK form AIM then the next line of execution must be an ARB call?)

• Correct me if i'm wrong, i will get payment of 1st recursion using AIM, then put 1st recursion in ARB as Trial. So that subscription take amount from the next recursion as normal.

• What are the things we should ensure before shiffting test account to final production account (ready to use)?

The ARB API will return an error if the data validation fails.  This behavior is the same on our sandbox server as it is in production.  It's importand to be clear that this is only if the data is an invalid format, such as a credit card number that fails a mathematical validation (luhn algorithm), or if the expiration date is in the past.  No error will be immediately returned in the case that the card simply lacks the necessary funds.

In regards to your question about the first payment.  You are correct that the first payment can be taken with AIM if you want immediate card validation.  It is up to you how you choose to structure your program to then create the ARB subscription, but the best practice is to do this in the same process so that you don't have to store the card information outside of active memory. If you do take the first payment with AIM, you can either modify your subscription to include a single trial period, or simply set the start date to the date of the second scheduled payment.

I have read about validation, in that case i have to use,  AIM method to validate the credit card info. How i can send call to ARB method right after AIM? (How can i make one click to go? is it like when i receive OK form AIM then the next line of execution must be an ARB call?)

I need to know your views regarding two scenarios.

1. I read in previous conversation that, if a credit card expire within a running subscription, the only thing happens is an email sent to merchant about that specific subscription. Now if this is the case, subscriptions will stay on at the application end. I want to know your views on, what if i create an admin section for merchant on website, to cancel the subscription of that specific subscriber. So then, its all merchant's duty to check and cancel. Is there any other possible option i can implement in this regard?

2. What if a credit card ran out of balance after 1st recursive billing (Using AIM) and then at 2AM, ARB found that card is out of balance, even the first recursion is a free trial (as the amount already being charged with AIM). Now i want to know, will the subscription be created or not? if it won't what is the solution for handling this scenario?

Is there any way to test a valid subscription on production account using test credit cards?

If you would like to test the card using AIM before creating an ARB subscription, there is no one particular way of doing this. In general, you will still have the customer details in active memory when you process the AIM request, these details are then put into an ARB request. The two requests are not connected to one another within the Authorize.Net system.

If a card has expired in a subscription, the merchant is notified and the subscription is cancelled if it is not updated in time for the next scheduled payment. I'm not sure that I understand how this would relate to a page you would create to cancel or modify subscriptions. In general, the merchant is better off doing this through the Authorize.Net site. They already have these options available without you building a new interface.

When you set up a subscription with a free trial period, the card is not actually verified until the first non-zero payment. Subscriptions are moved to a "suspended" state.  Suspended subscriptions are cancelled if the billing information is not updated in time for the next scheduled payment.

Test cards will never be approved on a production account. You should be able to perform all of the testing that you need on ARB in one of our sandbox accounts.