cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARB update request with other amount

Hi,

I have the system, where the customer registers and pay for the registration initially ( $50 ), and then I need to request monthly payment. Monthly payment is related to customer activity and it is not a defined value - it could be $1 or $100. Is it possible to automatically take out different amount from customer each month?

Also I don't want to generate an interface and send the invoice each time. I don't want to store customers CC number and expiration date in my database ( in ARB documentation I noticed that o request I need to have this info ).

Is there any field for customer id storage in authorize.net that on my subscription requests I can connect with that id?

ghazanchyan
5 REPLIES 5

it possible to automatically take out different amount from customer each month?

Use ARBUpdateSubscription to change the amount

The only required field is the subscriptionId for ARBUpdateSubscription

Is there any field for customer id storage in authorize.net that on my subscription requests I can connect with that id?

No. The only API that use saved CC info on authorize.net is CIM

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Thanks for response.

For the ARBCreateSubscriptionRequest I need to have a form for Credit Card number submission. I don't want to provide security data submission from my site as well as there is no such trust as for authorize.net and I want that my customers will be 100% sure that everything is done on authorize.net and I can't take this info. In other case theortically, after the submission of the form, I can e-mail this data to me and then send the request to authorize.net, right?

So is there any way to create subscriptionId on authorize.net server with other method ( SIM ) and then doing requests by that reference id from ARB?

In ARB documentation ( http://www.authorize.net/support/ARB_guide.pdf ) Credit Card number and expiration date fields are required for submission on ARBUpdateSubscriptionRequest, and you told me that it is not. Are you sure?

ghazanchyan

I miss understand your question, I though you mean you have all their cc info, just don't know how much $ and when to start the ARB.

So is there any way to create subscriptionId on authorize.net server with other method ( SIM ) and then doing requests by that reference id from ARB?

There are 2 way that I know of 1, SIM and auth_only a small amount and create ARB thru the merchant account interface.

The other is use CIM with the hosted option instead and do your own scheduling.

I just don't want to have credit card fields on my site.

ghazanchyan

1)SIM to create auth_only transaction with a small amount and create ARB thru the merchant account interface.

2)The other is use CIM with the hosted option instead and do your own scheduling.