cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARB within merchant interface from SIM transaction in test mode

Hello experts,

Is it possible to create an ARB from within the merchant interface from a transaction that was created with the SIM API?
I've created a transaction using SIM and created one through the virtual terminal. Only the virtual terminal transaction is showing up in the reports. The merchant email receipt shows 0 for the SIM Transaction ID but has a full number for the virtual terminal transaction. Is that why the SIM transaction isn't showing up?

If so, then when not in test mode, will a SIM transaction show up in the merchant interface and will I be able to create an ARB at that point?

Thanks!

Dance
6 REPLIES 6

Should be possible, yes. FYI, you should probably be using a developer (sandbox) account in live mode to test with - test mode itself doesn't really simulate things that well.

https://developer.authorize.net/testaccount

TJPride
Expert

Thanks for the suggestion but it still doesn't work with a live developer account (nor a production account in test).

I have a developer account and it's in live mode but the SIM transaction doesn't show up in the merchant interface.

So I put my production account into live mode and used my CC to make a live purchase and now the SIM transaction shows up in the merchant interface and I can create an ARB. Maybe it has to do with the transaction actually being sent on to the processor?

I appreciate you responding today. Being a Friday before a New Years Eve weekend I was pessimistic on getting a response.

If the developer account SIM transaction didn't show up in the merchant interface either the transaction is not successful, not in live mode(no transaction id) or you checking the wrong merchant account site, should be https://test.authorize.net/

Did you check both the settled and unsettled transaction?

I'm checking the developer account. I created a transaction using the virtual terminal and it is showing up in the unsettled transactions but the SIM is not.

The Merchant Email Receipt I got for the SIM transaction has this in the results section

============== RESULTS ==============
Response : This transaction has been approved.
Authorization Code : 000000
Transaction ID : 0
Address Verification : AVS Not Applicable

The Merchant Email Receipt I got for the Virtual Terminal transaction shows this

============== RESULTS ==============
Response : This transaction has been approved.
Authorization Code : 1VXXI3
Transaction ID : 2167767375
Address Verification : Street Address: Match -- First 5 Digits of Zip: Match

I suppose the SIM isn't showing up because it doesn't have a Trans. ID. But why doesn't it?

Maybe I'm missing something in my SIM form that is being sent to Authnet? This is the form I'm using

<form method='post' action='<?php echo $url; ?>' >
<!--  Additional fields can be added here as outlined in the SIM integration
 guide at: http://developer.authorize.net -->
    <input type='hidden' name='x_login' value='<?php echo $loginID; ?>' />
    <input type='hidden' name='x_amount' value='<?php echo $amount; ?>' />
    <input type='hidden' name='x_description' value='<?php echo $description; ?>' />
    <input type='hidden' name='x_invoice_num' value='<?php echo $invoice; ?>' />
    <input type='hidden' name='x_fp_sequence' value='<?php echo $sequence; ?>' />
    <input type='hidden' name='x_fp_timestamp' value='<?php echo $timeStamp; ?>' />
    <input type='hidden' name='x_fp_hash' value='<?php echo $fingerprint; ?>' />
    <input type='hidden' name='x_test_request' value='<?php echo $testMode; ?>' />
    <input type='hidden' name='x_show_form' value='PAYMENT_FORM' />
    <input type='submit' value='<?php echo $label; ?>' />
</form>

I just realized that the x_test_request value was set to true. Would that have caused the problem even though the developer account was in "live" mode?

Yep. Setting x_test_request to true, will make it act like it is in test mode.

OK, well that solves that mystery.

Thanks for your help.