cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARBCancelSubscriptionResponse and Silent Post Response

In the ARB Guide I find what seems to be conflicting statements. Could someone clarify this for me?

Statement 1

IMPORTANT:

When the Silent Post URL feature is enabled, name/value pair responses for both ARB transactions and all other non-ARB transactions will post to the specified URL. To determine which transaction responses are for ARB payments, you can parse the response for the x_subscription_id (Subscription ID) and the x_subscription_paynum (Subscription Payment Number) fields. These fields are only returned in ARB subscription transaction responses.

Statement 2

The output elements for ARBUpdateSubscriptionResponse and ARBCancelSubscriptionResponse are the same as ARBCreateSubscriptionResponse with the following exception:

• The subscriptionID of the updated subscription is not included in the response.

So is the field x_subscription_id included in a response for a subscription cancellation, or not?

Thanks,

Tom

rhematom51
2 REPLIES 2

Anyone? I need to know for sure how I can tell if a response is for an ARB transaction or not. From what I understand, I cannot test this with a test account (can only test AIM, not ARB). Someone, please help me. Thanks.

rhematom51

There is no silent post associated with either an ARBUpdateSubscriptionResponse or an ARBCancelSubscription resposne.  Silent posts are sent only when transactions are processed, not when the subscriptions are updated.  In the case of updating or cancelling ARB subscriptions, you will receive an immediate response via the API.