cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ARBCreateSubscriptionResponse successful, but code response not I00001

We have a giving form that accepts recurring gifts via ARB. A co-worker of mine made a recurring gift to a fund (and it processed correctly) and then immediately made another one to a different fund (same form though).

While both passed through Authorize.net fine, she was alerted that she had an error because of the following piece of code.

if ($subscription_response) {
list ($refId, $resultCode, $code, $text, $subscriptionId) = parse_return($subscription_response);

}

if($code != "I00001"){
$errors['recurring'] = 'We encountered an error while processing your recurring payment. Your credit card was not charged.';

So, my question is is it possible for an ARB subscription to be successful, but not pass <code>I00001</code>?

rmlumley
7 REPLIES 7

So what was the response code you received? can you check what in $subscription_response

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

I can't since it already occured and it wasn't logged.

I just tried to replicate it in our staging environment and I get E00012. 

I wonder if it would be smarter for me to change it to check for resultCode != Ok

http://developer.authorize.net/tools/arberrorcodes/

said E00012 is A duplicate subscription already exists.

so, it might be an issue. Anything that not I00001 would be an ERROR not a OK

I see that. It's definitely the issue since everything would have been identical except for the Description (different fund).

When an error occurs like that, is that entry still submitted to Authorize.net as a subscription? It looks like all 3 of her subscriptions are in there. Shouldn't there just be 1 (the first one) and hte other two would have had E00012.

If it getter a Error on E00012, it shouldn't create a subscriptions. Can you duplicate it?

the doc have this

Duplicate Subscription Verification
A duplicate check occurs against every ARB subscription created in an account in order to prevent duplicate subscriptions from inadvertently being created. The following is a list of the fields that are verified. If ALL of the verified fields are the same, an E00012 will occur and the subscription is not successfully created in the account. The duplicate check verifies for an indefinite amount of time.

subscription.Article.MerchantID
subscription.Article.CustomerInfo.Payment.CreditCard.CardNumber
subscription.Article.CustomerInfo.Payment.eCheck.RoutingNumber
subscription.Article.CustomerInfo.Payment.eCheck.AccountNumber
subscription.Article.CustomerInfo.CustomerID
subscription.Article.CustomerInfo.BillingInfo.BillToAddress.FirstName
subscription.Article.CustomerInfo.BillingInfo.BillToAddress.LastName
subscription.Article.CustomerInfo.BillingInfo.BillToAddress.Company
subscription.Article.CustomerInfo.BillingInfo.BillToAddress.StreetAddress
subscription.Article.CustomerInfo.BillingInfo.BillToAddress.City
subscription.Article.CustomerInfo.BillingInfo.BillToAddress.StateProv
subscription.Article.CustomerInfo.BillingInfo.BillToAddress.Zip
subscription.OrderInfo.Amountsubscription.OrderInfo.Invoice
subscription.Recurrence.StartDate
subscription.Recurrence.Interval
subscription.Recurrence.Unit

Would creating a unique invoice # get around this error?

Look like one of the fields checked is the invoice.